tallship
Location: On the Beaches of Super Sunny Southern California USA

Re: Thanks! Спасибо!

Post by tallship »

gapan wrote:
tallship wrote:Ouch! Dude!

That's kinda harsh.
Please turn your humour switch on.

k. :) Humour switch now on - Engage, Mr. Laforge...
Last edited by tallship on 9. Jul 2010, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
http://NorthTech.US
TEL: +1.760.666.2703 (US)
TEL: +44.702.405.1909 (UK)

Registered Linux User #190795
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

So let's rock now :mrgreen: :P :D :twisted:
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

So, would you guys recommend this software - deadbeef - for just playing CDs or .iso's or a directory with some music files in it? Or another program? Maybe I'm really showing my age here, but I find the music collection functionality of almost every player I've tried a distraction, and when I do actually get to listen to the music, it's not transparent to me what I've done to get the computer to let me do that. I did once find a program for Windows that just plays CDs, but I forget what it's called. But then, let's not mention Windows.

I'm not asking for an exaile tutorial btw ;) just if there is anything anyone thinks I should try from the repos or that one can just download like the wonderful new Firefox 4 beta, as Gapan helpfully explained to me the other day. I don't even mind if it crashes occasionally, though I must add that's not something that's ever happened to me when using Exaile, nor even annoying or disconcerting error messages, so no complaints there. :)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

You could try audacious. It's a winamp clone, can't get simpler than that I think.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I think I may have been thinking of VLC media player, which I've just put on Salix. With VLC, I find it more straightforward to just play files from a directory without getting involved in "playlists" than I do with Exaile, though I'm sure there's a way. Once you've opened the directory with music files in it, selecting them seems to let you move them around, but not just play them where they are.

Exaile is nicer to look at, though - and no clunky traffic cones. Sadly, I've solved my problem,if you can call it that, without trying out Deadbeef, for which some contributors to this thread made high claims. The download link timed out.