Duncan_Idaho

Re: flash in 64-bit

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

thank you gapan! it worked!
yay for html5!! :lol:
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

gapan wrote:For what it's worth, midori and epiphany work great with youtube and html5.
Thank you for the tip, I'll keep on testing.
But I'll stick to my old way (since Vista days) of using user.js script, it feels more stable and the CPU is much lower.

< screenshot >

I'll wait for Midori, Epiphany and Firefox to get more sophisticated ;)
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

Until Adobe come to their senses or (better yet) everything moves to html5 I'll probably use zAchAry's method but I'm still in two minds as to whether it's worth packaging lightspark for everyone else.

I'm not so bothered about the dependencies as we already have most of them in the repo but with such mixed results and the fact most people seam to block flash anyway, is it really worth it?
ray

Post by ray »

zAchAry wrote:Thank you for the tip, I'll keep on testing.
But I'll stick to my old way (since Vista days) of using user.js script, it feels more stable and the CPU is much lower.

< screenshot >

I'll wait for Midori, Epiphany and Firefox to get more sophisticated ;)
Offtopic, but why are you even living with the crappy old win95 look?
You do know you can add the theme name to a gtkrc-2.0 file right?

Code: Select all

gtk-theme-name = "Clearlooks"
gtk-icon-theme-name = "gnome-brave"
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

ray wrote:You do know you can add the theme name to a gtkrc-2.0 file right?
Or use LXappearance.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

pwatk wrote:Until Adobe come to their senses or (better yet) everything moves to html5 I'll probably use zAchAry's method but I'm still in two minds as to whether it's worth packaging lightspark for everyone else.
I'm very satisfied that I'm beneficial to you (gimme a better sentence in english please), if you really did not knew about it before I've posted this "method" here?
pwatk wrote:I'm not so bothered about the dependencies as we already have most of them in the repo but with such mixed results and the fact most people seam to block flash anyway, is it really worth it?
Do what you like, really.
Personally, I am going to install lightspark if you'll make it available (only if a stand-alone mode is also available, see here).
Why would I use it? two reasons:

1) For the little kids at home. there are plenty of mind challenging SWF games for both, kids and adults, there are also games just for fun and time wasting. example for mind games:
Bloxorz (by Roboman) works with gnash, and yet consume way much more resources than adobe.
Mindfields 2204 (very good for kids from 8 and above)
etc. etc.

2) Because I love SWF Animations and Games, despite of the evil company adobe* I admire the portability (windows, x11, just like .odt document) of this special, yet not that efficient, SWF file container, you can do SO MUCH with it.
Look! Asteroids, Frogger, Hexxagon, Tetris N-Blox, Pac-Man, Simon, Snake, Space Invaders, Tic-Tac-Toe (see: neave.com/games/)

What I do is downloading a bunch of SWF files animation/interactive/games to a 4GB dvd and give it to a kid of a man or woman that I know or a relative (but they're, most likely, using windows) and I'm also attaching to it an installer of adobe flash (swf) player, in case it'll be needed, and Flash Movie Player - yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm infringing copyright stuff, whatever... (I'm not doing it lately though)

But, lol, really, forget about it, I mean, how many GNU/Linux users with 64-bit (I'm not a user of 64-bit, yet) and are using swf player for games, are there? (most likely none) and if you (some user) really want to do what I do, then use VBox.

Great idea, eh? (the burning hundreds of swf games to a disc with a local/standalone player for a kid to play with)

ray

Post by ray »

thenktor wrote:
Or use LXappearance.
From the screenshot, i think he's using fluxbox, wouldnt think he'd have LXAppearence or other such apps installed, so i suggested the easiest way :D

Cheers,
ray
Duncan_Idaho

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

I'm willing to try lightspark if a package or a SLKBUILd is provided

also, midori can use *.js userscripts too, not all but some :P
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

ray wrote:
thenktor wrote:
Or use LXappearance.
From the screenshot, i think he's using fluxbox, wouldnt think he'd have LXAppearence or other such apps installed, so i suggested the easiest way :D
LXappearance is the easiest way :P It has a preview.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)