Skype on 64bit without multilib and pulseaudio

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Skype on 64bit without multilib and pulseaudio

Post by djemos »

install avahi
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

sqlpython wrote:Anyway, I am going to battle a bit more with this 64 bit Salix install upon which I am typing this...
Everything else works perfectly.
Instead of trying to build the Skype package, I suggest you install the pre built binary package that djemos provided. Here the link:
http://www.slackel.gr/repo/x86_64/curre ... 64-1dj.txz
Download the package for this link, then remove all skype and pulseaudion packages that you may have installed, cd to the directoy where you downloaded the skype-nomultlib package and install it by doing this:

Code: Select all

$ sudo spkg -i skype-nomultilib-4.3.0.37-x86_64-1dj.txz
That's it. It installs static versions of the 32 bit libs and a static version of pulseaudio. I can tell you it works here on my 64 bit system
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

As i wrote above even if pulseaudio included in static build of skype-nomultilib package avahi need to exist. A greek user in a forum in another site wrote that he had no sound and problem solved when installed avahi.
On a dynamic build of pulseaudio avahi is a dep.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

djemos wrote:As i wrote above even if pulseaudio included in static build of skype-nomultilib package avahi need to exist.
You are of course correct. If I remove avahi and start Skype I get this error message,
/usr/share/skype/bin/pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: libavahi-client.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
and no sound.

Installing avahi results in no error messages and working sound.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"