iPod

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
StoikoS

iPod

Post by StoikoS »

hello everybody

i am new to salix and want to ask how did you organize your music with the iPod. i searched in the forums but didn't found anything. i have an iPod shuffle and used in debian gtk-pod but this app aren't in the repository's of salix. should i install it from the source or are there any other apps for that?

thanks a lot,
peace
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: iPod

Post by gapan »

Hmm... I don't think there is anything. You can certainly install gtkpod using the slackbuild from slackbuilds.org: http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/audio/gtkpod/

What kind of ipod do you have? If you have an old one like mine (5.5G), you can use rockbox on it and be done with the stupid apple OS and special software to use it.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Gapan, i don't think Rockbox will work on a iPod shuffle. It even does not have a display ;)

PS: Best solution is to sell your iPod and buy a Sansa Clip :mrgreen: :twisted: :P
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Oh, I didn't notice that StoikoS noted it was a shuffle.
StoikoS

Post by StoikoS »

hello everybody

@thenktor: :lol: i thought about it to sell that thing but i am to lazy and wouldn't make the great business with that. its just a 2GB shuffle and its about 3 years old now :roll: ..

@gapan: ill try to install gtk-pod from the slackbuilds, if it doesn't work, ill have to sell it then :lol:

bye
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Otherwise there is an Exaile plugin that is supposed to manage iPod, but it doesn't seem to be functional ATM. It complains of a missing gpod module when trying to activate it.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
zenwolf

Post by zenwolf »

Akuna wrote:Otherwise there is an Exaile plugin that is supposed to manage iPod, but it doesn't seem to be functional ATM. It complains of a missing gpod module when trying to activate it.
yes.. gtkpod, fusepod!
My Slackware chapter - http://unixforum.org/index.php?showforum=19 (Russian forum on Unix)