Durable USB stick

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Durable USB stick

Post by thenktor »

Hahaha, my 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer USB stick has survived the washing machine. I've forgotten it in my jeans :mrgreen:
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
Shador

Re: Durable USB stick

Post by Shador »

Not the first time that I heard about such a "miracle". :lol: ;)
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

My landlord have found my usb stick just twice cause i lost it always in its garden :shock:

EDIT: What a random case, it is also a Sandisk Cruzer but only 4 GB.
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

thenktor wrote:Hahaha, my 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer USB stick has survived the washing machine. I've forgotten it in my jeans :mrgreen:
:) I've had a similar experience. I stood the stick (1GB) on its USB connector for 24 hours, just to make sure all the water was drained out, then tried it (with fingers crossed). Been working ever since (whew!)

I'd left it in a shirt pocket, only realised when I heard somehting banging about in the washing machine...

paul.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
maximus

Post by maximus »

A bit OT, but I managed to drive - yes, drive - over the backpack containing my netbook a while back. With shaking hands I unzipped the bag expecting to see liquid crystal dripping everywhere but to my surprise and severe relief it was all good.

It's too bad that mobile phones don't have the same sturdiness with regards to surviving the permanent-press cycle and a run through the dryer.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

So come to the conclusion that stuff dropped from trucks, stolen from the bottom of seas or bought by second-hand dealers are as good as "new" ones? Just look at ebay and the prices there ...

Now, I know where all the crises came from :shock: :mrgreen: