Are there/where are the configuration scripts?

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: Are there/where are the configuration scripts?

Post by JRD »

I didn't have test this for now thenktor...but I assume that splashy must restore the screen to a good state, so a kill may not be a good idea.
But maybe calling splashy in a ()& could solve the wait...
Mol_Bolom

Re: Are there/where are the configuration scripts?

Post by Mol_Bolom »

I've tested this several times and it works just fine as is. Though I think I've probably changed something because messages will show up to a point then splashy will start. Either way though, switching to vt 8 suffices enough and allows the user to modify the accounts, then starts gdm without any issues.

I'll go back over what I've done and see if I can find out why the messages show up, but all in all, everything works out great. The next step will be figuring out how to load a script calling xdialog either before gdm starts or right after the user logs into the system, but that will be for a later time.

I do think I need to add some help information on creating a user account. I've found one doesn't have to do too much, just enter name and password is enough. Once the usersetup starts up there isn't much info on what needs to be done, or even that one just needs to enter in the name and password then exit.