Salix revisited

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
dab1414

Salix revisited

Post by dab1414 »

Yet I am back again...
Want to thank all the Dev's for maintaining a wonderful distro. A while back I had switched to Gentoo for my home desktop. I really like the configurabilty and level of control there. So a few days ago I got laid-off from work and acquired this laptop mainly for mobility and job-hunting. Started to use gentoo, but realized it was going to take awhile to get it all the way I wanted. Then I remembered how well Salix had worked in the past and downloaded it promptly. anyhow in no time I was up and running the fluxbox version, and i have to say its way better than i remember, KUDOS to everyone involved.
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
-Unknown

My Linux screenshots:
ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: Salix revisited

Post by ChuangTzu »

Welcome back dab and good luck with the job search.
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

Welcome back, and beware, gentoo is not exactly systemd-free. It defaults to OpenRC, but systemd is still there, although optional. I've seen distros based on OpenRC BUT with traces of systemd everywhere, shim or not.

I'm just guessing/hoping Pat is delaying next Slackware version trying to avoid systemd once and for all... An init system must be an init system, afterall.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
ginsim

Post by ginsim »

@dab1414 Good luck with the job hunting, I am in the same situation atm. Btw, I looked at your lovely screenshots in your signature. The first scrot, do you still have that wallpaper by any chance?

cheers
simgin
My Doctor is called Racket.
dab1414

Post by dab1414 »

ginsim wrote:@dab1414 Good luck with the job hunting, I am in the same situation atm. Btw, I looked at your lovely screenshots in your signature. The first scrot, do you still have that wallpaper by any chance?

cheers
simgin
Thanks, I'm not sure if I have them at home or not. If it's that night one with umbrellas then can find online called "Avangard Umbrellas in rain". I might even have them still on google drive, if so I will post a link to drive folder on here.
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
-Unknown

My Linux screenshots:
ginsim

Post by ginsim »

^ Thanks for the title mate, just found it. To anyone else that might be interested:
https://hdwallpapers.cat/avangard_umbre ... per-81489/

cheers
simgin
My Doctor is called Racket.