introduction

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
wigums

introduction

Post by wigums »

hello all. im a long time slacker (18 years), worked on yoper linux and most recently
spent several years as a vector linux developer. i have a severe back injury that keeps me from working
(i was a millwright, built food factories) so this is how i keep myself busy. id love to contribute to salix and the community.

anyway.... cheers
When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: introduction

Post by mimosa »

Welcome :)

Check out the jabber chatroom if you like - but be warned, it can be rather slow there. Please also feel free to test the beta and report what you find. A particular area of interest is installation and booting on UEFI systems, including dual booting with Windows. If you'd like to check out the new tool guefi, that would be great, too. You may wish to sign up to the mailing list, but straightforward bug/issue reporting could be on the beta thread in the forum too.

Packaging guidelines are on the wiki, if you'd like to submit any packages while the repositories are still open.
wigums

Post by wigums »

is there a bug tracker or do we just post bugs on the forum?

you mentioned submitting packages while the repos are open.
is it safe to assume you do a build freeze and/or stop accepting
new packages prior to release?

as for uefi i do beleive my core2duo box has uefi which i disabled but i can deffinitely use it to do uefi testing
When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

You're right, Salix, like Slackware, only provides essential updates after a release has been made. Yes, just post bugs to the forum - there is a topic for the beta.