Just a friendly greeting!

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
pedro37

Just a friendly greeting!

Post by pedro37 »

Hello everyone.
Just wanted to say i installed Salix a couple months ago after being using Slackware for about 4 years, and what a wonderfull distro it is.
So far very very happy with it!! Rock-solid just as Slackware. Very very very sure is going to be my distro for several several years !! :D
Thank you for the wonderfull distro.
Cheers everyone! :D
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Just a friendly greeting!

Post by gapan »

Hi Pedro, welcome to the forums! :)
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Great to have you with us! In the unlikely event you ever have any trouble with anything, you know where to come.
pedro37

Post by pedro37 »

gapan wrote: 21. Dec 2020, 23:51 Hi Pedro, welcome to the forums! :)
Thank you gapan
pedro37

Post by pedro37 »

mimosa wrote: 22. Dec 2020, 13:17 Great to have you with us! In the unlikely event you ever have any trouble with anything, you know where to come.
Thank you. I sure know. This is the place! :D
I've been roaming this forum for couple months before i register and i found this to be a very friendly forum, where someone can feel welcome and confident to ask for some friendly help if needed.
On that note i already have a question, imagine! :lol:
I am not much the type to spend hours in forums debating stuff, i am more of the type of learning how to do something on my machine, and then sharing that experience writing some kind of how-to.
Now, i see that you have a wiki: "https://docs.salixos.org/wiki/Main_Page", but also see that you do have a section here in the forum, called Documentation if not mistaken and in there a section of how-tos or something like that.
I was wondering where would be the most appropriate and best place to post some how-to if i wanted to share some (admittedly little) knowledge.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Hi Pedro, you can post it here in the forums. You'd need yet another account for the wiki, and while that's possible, the wiki will (soon?) be replaced by something new, as it has several issues in its current state.
pedro37

Post by pedro37 »

gapan wrote: 23. Dec 2020, 07:30 Hi Pedro, you can post it here in the forums. You'd need yet another account for the wiki, and while that's possible, the wiki will (soon?) be replaced by something new, as it has several issues in its current state.
Thank you for the reply gapan.
Cheers.