Here to say hi

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
ivanovnegro
Donor

Here to say hi

Post by ivanovnegro »

OK, it was about time to create an account here as a long time lurker and fan of Slackware and especially this distribution, Salix.
After more than 11 years of using Linux (mostly Debian) I decided it was time to go back to the roots on one of my machines. That means stability and real Linux feeling.
Salix 14.2 does exactly that. Some might find it rusty or old (my Thinkpad is actually that) but it feels like home to me even if Slackware 15 is already somewhere calling.

Anyway thank you guys for this nice gem. I already installed Salix in 2015 and even before but never truly used it, instead I was installing Slackware and it takes ages to trim it down to this Xfce desktop that SalixOS comes with out of the box.

I hope to be of some use. ;)
Artim
Donor

Re: Here to say hi

Post by Artim »

That's why I like it so much! It's pretty much just the way I like it "straight from the box." I spent only a few minutes changing up the things I wish, like Wallpapers and a couple of software substitutions (Brave in place of Firefox, that sort of thing). Welcome! And enjoy the legendary simplicity and stability of this awesome distro.