Hello..

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
novrexi

Hello..

Post by novrexi »

Hello everybody! I've been a dedicated Debian user for over 10 years, and previously I don't think there was any other distro until I found Salix. Great distro, fast, everything works as it should. I'm from Finland and the question is, are there other Finnish-speaking people here?
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Hello..

Post by mimosa »

I am an enthusiastic learner of Finnish! At least one friend of mine, from Espoo, used to be a Salix user, but moved on in the end.

Whereabouts are you from in Finland?

I returned to Finland this summer for the first time since Corona, and also paid a brief visit earlier this month. Saunottiin runsaasti! Saunakaljatkaan eivat puuttuneet!
novrexi

Post by novrexi »

Good to hear. Traditionally, saunas are properly taken in Finland, and there must be enough water so that you don't run out right away :lol:
I myself live in Varsinais-Suomi, i.e. Naantali. Is Finnish difficult to learn? Would you like us to have conversations in Finnish? :D
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I suppose we could make a special topic for Finnish conversation, after all this is the Salix Pub! Naantali looks like a place with more visible history than many Finnish towns.

Finnish is difficult, everyone says so. But perhaps I am just not as good with languages as I used to be. I can hold a reasonable conversation in Finnish with a patient person, and people in shops such as R-kioski no longer immediately switch to English when I interact with them. That is not full fluency.

I once went to Turku just for the day, and it is a very different way of speaking from Helsinki region.
sammy

Post by sammy »

novrexi wrote: 20. Oct 2022, 05:22 I've been a dedicated Debian user for over 10 years, and previously I don't think there was any other distro until I found Salix.
This is exactly what happened to me abou 8 years ago. I also was a Debian user for 10 years and then I decided to test another distribution just to try to learn more about the GNU-Linux OS. Then I found Slackware to be the best one fitting my interests but I at the start Salix was easier for me to learn with, especially the LiveCDs were very useful. :)
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

@novrexi: I know a Finnish Salix user from the east. I've heard, that Finnish people always go crazy if there is another Finn around in the wide wide world (rare occation). Would it mean a lot to you to get his e-mail-address? Would you like to form the Finnish Salix user club?
novrexi

Post by novrexi »

Bird wrote: 26. Oct 2022, 12:03 @novrexi: I know a Finnish Salix user from the east. I've heard, that Finnish people always go crazy if there is another Finn around in the wide wide world (rare occation). Would it mean a lot to you to get his e-mail-address? Would you like to form the Finnish Salix user club?
Just out of curiosity, I started asking if there are other Finns who use Salix. That madness is a bit magnified, but others may have it. I myself am no longer actively involved in any group. The only fanatics in Finland are the Ubuntu group. It's like going to hoof a beehive. Ubuntu is their god.
ChuangTzu
Donor

Post by ChuangTzu »

novrexi wrote: 20. Oct 2022, 05:22 Hello everybody! I've been a dedicated Debian user for over 10 years, and previously I don't think there was any other distro until I found Salix. Great distro, fast, everything works as it should. I'm from Finland and the question is, are there other Finnish-speaking people here?
Welcome to Salix! :ugeek: