Bird
Donor

Salix sponsoring

Post by Bird »

Ehm, ehm... is this microphone on...
...should we really announce this?
Okay, Gapan told me to do so.

Announcing: "Team Salix Steel"

In the yet unknown underground "Wild Bicycle Racing Series".

Our package:
Three steel bicycles from the 80s and 90s, well tested, just like Salix.

Finishing 3rd (Pink Princess), 4th (Dragon of Swabia) and 6th (Italian Drama) out of 8 in our last race.
Beaten by two E-Bikes. They were just too fast on the straight... but the most important is, that our bicycles kept together, even if the track was very tough and dreadful! There were lots of slides and accidents.

-------

Thanks to Salix, I learned to program some stuff in Linux bash and have my computers ready as workhorses, so I thought it would be a nice return to put some Salix logos on my helmet to make it more look like a racing helmet with sponsors. We haven't negotiated any contract with Salix boss Gapan yet, but once our races have overgrown the Tour de France and Formula One altogether, we'll be probably settle an agreement to make Salix the most well known name in the Linux world!
Ah sorry, my imagination had a short-circuit there...

ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: Salix sponsoring

Post by ChuangTzu »

This is great... :lol:
galmei

Post by galmei »

Interesting construction on the luggage rack of the left bike. A notebook holder? :idea:
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Yes, these are awesome! Thanks again Bird!
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

@galmei: Actually the wooden piece with the screws is for the onboard camera. My old digital camera can be strapped onto it with zip-ties. It's not useless, but having your leg covering a third of the screen surely isn't optimal. Meanwhile the "video prodcution" of the Wild Bicycle Races has advanced and one bicycle in the race gets a GoPro to shoot some nice onboard footage. But never underestimate the images of a shaky, cheap digital camera, it can look like a hell of a ride!
galmei

Post by galmei »

Bird wrote: 31. Oct 2022, 08:13 @galmei: Actually the wooden piece with the screws is for the onboard camera. My old digital camera can be strapped onto it with zip-ties. It's not useless, but having your leg covering a third of the screen surely isn't optimal. Meanwhile the "video prodcution" of the Wild Bicycle Races has advanced and one bicycle in the race gets a GoPro to shoot some nice onboard footage. But never underestimate the images of a shaky, cheap digital camera, it can look like a hell of a ride!
Yes, I meant the wooden part with the screws. Thank you Bird for explaining. I was wondering what it could be or what function could be associated with it. So a camera mount.