Nice fluxbox desktop in ManjaroFluxbox OpenRC

The place to post your Salix wallpapers, screenshots etc.
jsfarinet

Nice fluxbox desktop in ManjaroFluxbox OpenRC

Post by jsfarinet »

The above mentioned release has an esthetically really nice fluxbox desktop. May be we could learn something from them ... (?)
m1rr0r5h4d35

Re: Nice fluxbox desktop in ManjaroFluxbox OpenRC

Post by m1rr0r5h4d35 »

Yes, I would agree. Although I am so far very happy with what Salix has done with the Fluxbox edition, I always like looking at the work others have done. I am always inspired by a well put-together Fluxbox based distro/edition. I have long been sad that there seemed to be hardly any distros doing Fluxbox editions, which is a real shame. I think that #! (CrunchBang) did a lot to put Openbox on the map, but I am much happier in Flux. I ran Blackbox for years, so Flux seems very natural.
m1rr0r5h4d35

Post by m1rr0r5h4d35 »

I will say, though, that how Fluxbox and a few "liteweight" apps are supposed to add up to a 1.1 GB ISO is a little disheartening. Feels like there must be some extra bloat still in there somewhere...
ChuangTzu
Donor

Post by ChuangTzu »

Keep in mind that Slackware and Salix are as vanilla as possible. So fluxbox is fluxbox, with the added menu (auto gen compliments of xdgmenumaker) and some config additions. The other distros tweak everything to the point it is no longer what the dev's intended. This is fine to do on your own, but not the Slackware way for releasing a product and thereby Salix.