[FIXED] hplip, ppd's are missing

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
fredg

[FIXED] hplip, ppd's are missing

Post by fredg »

Hi,

If you check /usr/share/cups/model/HP/ and the original source tarball (hplip-3.9.4b/ppd/hpijs), you will see that a lot of ppd files are missing (like my hp-deskjet_3740-hpijs.ppd.gz :P ).
Pick it from the source and tell cups to use it is ok, but I think that its place is in the package ;)

++
Last edited by fredg on 4. Oct 2009, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: hplip, ppd's are missing

Post by gapan »

hplip package updated. I had used the official Slackbuild from Slackware, which apparently had installation of some ppds disabled. No idea why.
fredg

Re: hplip, ppd's are missing

Post by fredg »

Fixed, thanks.

++
christian

Re: [FIXED] hplip, ppd's are missing

Post by christian »

Slackware doesn't disable any ppds, you need the package cupsddk to use the "missing" ppds. They are generated dynamical. If you use the hplip package of Slackware and have cupsddk installed, all ppds should be available.

Now, I've got some ppds twice, the ones from the Salix package and the ones generated by cupsddk.

Christian
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: [FIXED] hplip, ppd's are missing

Post by gapan »

Thanks christian. The hplip package has been removed from the salix repos and only the slackware one is available now. A dependency for cupsddk was added to it too, so anyone who replaces our hplip package with the slackware one will have the ppds too.