Whaawmp

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
lmello

Re: Whaawmp

Post by lmello »

gapan wrote:Ah, so you're not playing the DVD, you're trying to play the vob file, which is not right and that's not the way to play a DVD. A DVD is much more than vob files. You either right click on the DVD on the desktop and choose to play it with whaawmp, or launch whaawmp and select Play DVD from the menu.
But I've tried this before! And the result was the same - no sound, yet the video is alright :|
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Do other DVDs play with sound?
lmello

Post by lmello »

gapan wrote:Do other DVDs play with sound?
No, but I installed VLC on my VM and it played ok. So there must be a problem with either Whaaw! or GStreamer.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Does another gstreamer based player play those DVDs with sound? Parole for example. What audio codec do these DVDs use? Are they commercial DVDs or home made ones? Do they have encryption or not?

DVDs play fine here with gstreamer, so if you're having a problem it's either the DVDs or something else is wrong with your system.
deja69

Post by deja69 »

Further investigation with Avidemux might help ?
Its in the Sourcery repositories,goes through filters and codecs...and plays to.

http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13305
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php

I would tend to side with Gapan though,
More likely DRM on the media or firmware in components
Try track syncronizations settings also
Good luck anyway :)

Ps. Found this also ... http://code.google.com/p/slamedia/ unfortunately the project looks about dead for three years :? ..so i would say the Salix-Codec-Installer is far more alive :)
lmello

Post by lmello »

gapan wrote:Does another gstreamer based player play those DVDs with sound? Parole for example. What audio codec do these DVDs use? Are they commercial DVDs or home made ones? Do they have encryption or not?

DVDs play fine here with gstreamer, so if you're having a problem it's either the DVDs or something else is wrong with your system.
They're commercial DVDs. With parole installed on my VM, I get this message: "Could not initialize Xv output".
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Run gstreamer-properties and select another video output. Could it be that all your troubles are because of your VM?
lmello

Post by lmello »

I'm clueless. I downloaded a sample mpeg-2 file and it plays with sound... but dvd's with whaawmp are silent.
Dags

Post by Dags »

Same problem. No sound in Whaawmp with DVDs. Anyone find a fix for this yet :?:
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I'm sorry, but nobody is giving enough details. "It doesn't work" just doesn't cut it for a bug report.