Engrampa does not descend into ISOs

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
burdi01

Engrampa does not descend into ISOs

Post by burdi01 »

Salix Xfce 14.0 fresh install, updates applied.
Mate/engrampa as included does not descend into ISOs: it shows "/" in the location bar, but no directories/files. There is nothing in /var/log/messages, and when running engrampa from an xterm there are no errors. I know from other distributions that engrampa/file-roller is able to descend into ISOs, so the problem is likely to be Salix-specific.
As explicitely mounting an ISO succeeds the engrampa failure is a nuisance, not fatal, and I let things rest for the time being.
For an unrelated experiment I (force-)installed Dropline Gnome "over" this installation. Gnome sessions failed, but by pure chance I noticed that engrampa, while not updated, did descend into ISOs now! So the solution must be in one (or more) of the newly installed packages. As obvious candidates such as libisoburn and libisofs turned out to not be the solution I started applying the 245+ packages one after another to a fresh clone of the Salix instal and lo and behold, after applying p7zip engrampa started to descend into ISOs.
I would recommend to include p7zip in the default distribution.
Kind regards, Dick :mrgreen:
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Engrampa does not descend into ISOs

Post by mimosa »

Perhaps engrampa is missing a dependency that happens to be one of p7zip's?
burdi01

Post by burdi01 »

http://slackware.org.uk/salix/i486/14.0 ... 86-1gv.dep reads "cxxlibs|gcc-g++,gcc", so there is very little in the way of dependencies for the package. Actually I downloaded the .txz and installpkg'ed it, so no dependency handling at all.
Look at /var/log/packages/p7zip* and you will see that it installs no dependencies other than itself's.
:mrgreen:
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

That's just plain weird!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

It's p7zip.

engrampa will use it and give precedence to it if it's there, but it's not a dependency.