[Xfce] en_US vs. en_US.utf8

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
zAchAry

[Xfce] en_US vs. en_US.utf8

Post by zAchAry »

After experiencing bad rendering of Hebrew characters of file names in an en_US environment and then setting en_US.utf8 as a default locale, in GDM, I suspect default locale of Salix Xfce 14.1 (ISO is labeled as RC2) is en_US instead of en_US.utf8.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: [Xfce] en_US vs. en_US.utf8

Post by gapan »

No, it is en_US.utf8. Everything is utf8. If in your system it was something else, it's because you made that change yourself.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

gapan wrote:If in your system it was something else, it's because you made that change yourself.
I hope so.

Edit: I think it was because in Salix installation process I selected to continue with "Choose Locale" dialog but then I have exited this part of installation and carried on.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

zAchAry wrote:Edit: I think it was because in Salix installation process I selected to continue with "Choose Locale" dialog but then I have exited this part of installation and carried on.
This is what I did.
gapan wrote:No, it is en_US.utf8. Everything is utf8. If in your system it was something else, it's because you made that change yourself.
Check again.
Last edited by zAchAry on 10. Aug 2015, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
marcxjo

Post by marcxjo »

Code: Select all

echo $LANG
There's your answer.

Digression: this conversation led me to peruse through the locales directory on my own computer and I found this. Courtesy of Inkscape.

/usr/share/locale/en_US@piglatin/

0_o