Start menu and right click menu - OpenBox edition 14.1

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
chakuari

Start menu and right click menu - OpenBox edition 14.1

Post by chakuari »

Hi guys.

I installed Salix OpenBox edition 14.1 and discovered a "strange" behaviour.

As Whaaw was not able to correctly play a .mkv video, I installed VLC, which usually has no problem. Now, you can find VLC in the available programs if you open the "start menu" from fbpanel, but you will not find it if you open the menu clicking on the desktop with the right mouse button. I found this strange because another application, Gargoyle, can be found in both menus.

Another thing I found strange is that the "start menu" is still in English even if the system locale is it_IT, while the other menu is in Italian.

Thank you all!

Antonio
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Start menu and right click menu - OpenBox edition 14.1

Post by gapan »

Are you sure you can't find VLC in the right click menu?

To clear things up, this is not the same menu showing up in two places. It's two different menus. The first, in the panel, is the menu generated by fbpanel. The second, the right click one, is the openbox menu. They both use the same data to generate the menus, but they do it in slightly different ways, so the menus are not exactly the same. One thing that is different is that fbpanel has no support for translated categories.
chakuari

Post by chakuari »

Thank you Gapan. Now I understand why they are somehow different. Anyway, I confirm: no VLC in the right click menu.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

on the right click choose vlc as default app.
vlc is very good app but cannot included in iso because of its deps. l use vlc to play everything i need.