[Fixed] Missing dependencies in package hugin.

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
Papasot
Donor

[Fixed] Missing dependencies in package hugin.

Post by Papasot »

Dear Salix developers,
There are 2 missing dependencies concerning package hugin (available in sbo/14.1/graphics). Specifically, packages exiv2 and swig are needed (both available via gslapt/slapt-get). Once those two are installed, hugin compiles just fine. I guess you should add those two dependencies in sbo/14.1/graphics/hugin/hugin.info.

(The "bugs" section seems the best place to report missing dependencies, but not sure)

EDIT: Actually, sbo/14.1/graphics/hugin/hugin.info cannot be modified, as it is not maintained by Salix. If I understand well (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still learning how Salix works), the two missing dependencies should be added in sbo/14.1/SBoADD, so that line 134 of that file should read:

Code: Select all

hugin: cmake,exiv2,swig
Last edited by Papasot on 6. May 2015, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
coroner
Donor

Re: Missing dependencies in package hugin.

Post by coroner »

Good morning.
Salix is not equal to a full installation of slackware linux. You'll have to install the missing packages from salix/slackware repository.

p.s. SBo repository is not part of this project. If you want to put the program dependencies from the * .info file, use a third-party tools. For example slpkg.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Thanks Papasot. Fixed. You will see the changes when your mirror syncs. The SLACKBUILDS.TXT file in the repos includes all that info.
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

coroner wrote:Salix is not equal to a full installation of slackware linux. You'll have to install the missing packages from salix/slackware repository.
p.s. SBo repository is not part of this project. If you want to put the program dependencies from the * .info file, use a third-party tools. For example slpkg.
Of course I installed those missing dependencies, but I think you are missing a point here. SBo repository is not part of Salix, BUT there is a local copy in Salix repos, where missing dependencies are addressed. This is explained here:
laprjns wrote:Also since all slackbuilds scrips assume a complete Slackware installation, once in a while you will come across a script that will fail due to a missing dependencies (usually a build time dependency). In this case Salix can and does fix this, by having a list of additional dependency is the Salix Salckbuild mirror repository. Here's some info on the Salix SBo repo. http://salixos.blogspot.com/
and explained in more detail in the blogspot link above (together with other useful information):
we have a mechanism for adding "missing" dependencies in our copy of the SBo repository. For example, the ardour SlackBuild requires cmake to build. Now, cmake is always thought to be present in a Slackware installation, otherwise it is not a full Slackware installation and it is not supported in any way. In Salix though, cmake is definitely not part of a standard installation and so we add it as an extra dependency for ardour.
With SBo being a moving target though, this process will always be ongoing and will never be 100% complete. If you find a SlackBuild that is missing some dependency, please report it, either in our mailing list or in our forums.
and that's what I did, reported two missing dependencies for the package hugin. Now, I suspect the mechanism of adding missing dependencies mentioned above is actually the file SBoADD, where a missing dependence (cmake) for hugin is already present, while it is not mentioned in the corresponding Sbo's info file. My guess is the additional dependencies in SBoADD are processed by gslapt/slapt-get. That way, SBo's missing dependencies are fixed, while the Salix copy of SBo is essentially intact, and updated when the original SBo does. If I am correct, Salix's way to fix SBo's missing dependencies is simple and clever, perfectly matching the "KISS" principle.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

gapan wrote:Thanks Papasot. Fixed. You will see the changes when your mirror syncs. The SLACKBUILDS.TXT file in the repos includes all that info.
Thank you, gapan. Fast and effective - not surprised actually, as I've read in Salix reviews that developers are helpful and act quickly to fix things.
I found another missing dependency but will report it together with possible others I might find on my way to install all additional software I need.