SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.

SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby dj_papeles » 2. Sep 2016, 12:33

First of all, great work with the distro, is amazing and very stable since i use it some years ago, well when i use the option Spanish (Spain) in the Boot Menu CD, everything goes well until i reach the part where the user is created, that part is automatically skipped, so when the installation finish and the new system boots to the login i cannot login since the user did not créate, if i select English(USA) in the Boot Menu CD everythong goes well includes the user creation.

Please forgive my english, as you can see im spanish.

Thanks in advance.
dj_papeles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 25. Jul 2012, 06:52

Re: SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby gapan » 2. Sep 2016, 13:05

Unfortunately I can confirm this. The "Exit user setup" string got translated to "Salir de la configuración del usuario", which is just too long to fit in the screen and dialog throws an error. This sucks. Someone needs to fix the translation. And I also saw the first dialog shown in the installer also has too long options presented, but in this case they are both huge and for some reason they wrap. That still does not make them nice.

As a workaround you can select to exit the installer when it is finished and run:
Code: Select all
LANG=en_US.utf8 chroot /mnt usersetup

and you will be able to create the user before rebooting.

I can't personally test every single translation we include. That makes me have second thoughts about including translations in the installer...
Image
Image
User avatar
gapan
Salix Wizard
 
Posts: 5082
Joined: 6. Jun 2009, 17:40

Re: SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby dj_papeles » 2. Sep 2016, 13:53

Of course, in understand is a lot of work to test every translation, I installed the system using the Lang English, but the next time I try that, maybe on a new PC.

Thanks Gapan.
dj_papeles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 25. Jul 2012, 06:52

Re: SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby aleXimon » 3. Sep 2016, 11:51

Hi!
gapan wrote:Unfortunately I can confirm this. The "Exit user setup" string got translated to "Salir de la configuración del usuario", which is just too long to fit in the screen and dialog throws an error. This sucks. Someone needs to fix the translation.


I could not find the string "Exit user setup" in salix-installer Transifex page.

Moreover, I coudn't install Salix 14.2 in my old Pentium 4. I think 32 bits ISO is broken, because SHA1 is OK, but at least three packages has fatal error #2. The installer does not display the name of the failed packages in both Spanish and English version. $ArG2 must be the problem.
User avatar
aleXimon
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 3. Sep 2013, 01:53
Location: Rosario, Argentina

Re: SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby gapan » 3. Sep 2016, 21:18

aleXimon wrote:I could not find the string "Exit user setup" in salix-installer Transifex page.

It's not in salix-installer. It is in salixtools/usersetup.

aleXimon wrote:Moreover, I coudn't install Salix 14.2 in my old Pentium 4. I think 32 bits ISO is broken, because SHA1 is OK, but at least three packages has fatal error #2. The installer does not display the name of the failed packages in both Spanish and English version. $ArG2 must be the problem.

I don't think so. There is probably a problem with your optical drive, or with your optical media.
Image
Image
User avatar
gapan
Salix Wizard
 
Posts: 5082
Joined: 6. Jun 2009, 17:40

Re: SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby aleXimon » 16. Sep 2016, 09:44

gapan wrote:
aleXimon wrote:I could not find the string "Exit user setup" in salix-installer Transifex page.

It's not in salix-installer. It is in salixtools/usersetup.

Ok. I changed the string for a shorter one.

gapan wrote:
aleXimon wrote:Moreover, I coudn't install Salix 14.2 in my old Pentium 4. I think 32 bits ISO is broken, because SHA1 is OK, but at least three packages has fatal error #2. The installer does not display the name of the failed packages in both Spanish and English version. $ArG2 must be the problem.

I don't think so. There is probably a problem with your optical drive, or with your optical media.

Yes. It was a problem in my flash memory. I'm sorry.

Salix 14.2 is working fine in my old PC!
User avatar
aleXimon
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 3. Sep 2013, 01:53
Location: Rosario, Argentina

Re: SalixOS 14.2 Installation Bug

Postby mimosa » 11. Oct 2016, 18:51

Yes. It was a problem in my flash memory. I'm sorry.

Salix 14.2 is working fine in my old PC!


Happens! Glad you have it working.
User avatar
mimosa
Salix Warrior
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: 25. May 2010, 17:02


Return to Bugs

cron