file context menu bloated

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
jpg153
Donor

file context menu bloated

Post by jpg153 »

Hi all,

if I rightclick on a file in Thunar, I am presented with the context menu, showing me options for opening the file "open with" or other manipulations.

However if I have a *pdf file and do the same, I am presented with a bloated menu, as there are multiple entries for
"open with "email recipient"". I have no clue why it is there and why it is there that often.
https://w1.minpic.de/i/5uue/1n8rz0

Any hint?

Thanks.
Regards Gruß
jpg
zAchAry

Re: file context menu bloated

Post by zAchAry »

What is the English name of the package of "E-Mail Empfanger"?
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
jpg153
Donor

Post by jpg153 »

Hi,

well, the "E-Mail Empfänger" is the "email recipient" and I am using claws-mail as it comes with Salix, now since years.
I am running a 64bit Salix 14.2, in its current incarnation.

I probably did (more than once) rightclick on a file and then chose "send to email recipient", but I am not sure this is the cause, as this might happen any time with
any file.

Thanks.
Regards Gruß
jpg
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I have a suspicion. Can you post the output of:

Code: Select all

grep -R "E-Mail" ~/.local/share/applications/
jpg153
Donor

Post by jpg153 »

Hi Gapan,

well this is it:

/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-4S3LUY.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-ACR0OY.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-M96NOY.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-LTFPVY.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-7MX7ZY.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-96IN4Y.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-6MH84Y.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-S8LP7Y.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-VR4E7Y.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-OQIL8Y.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-QJ3HAZ.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-8DM3AZ.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-ZG5GBZ.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
/home/jpg/.local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-60RNBZ.desktop:Name=E-Mail-Empfänger
I see that this looks similar to the context menu, however, no clue what it means... :?

Thanks so far.
Regards Gruß
jpg
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

It means that for some reason, a new entry was created each time you right clicked to send an email. Run

rm .local/share/applications/userapp-E-Mail-Empfänger-*.desktop
and you should get rid of them.
jpg153
Donor

Post by jpg153 »

Hi Gapan,

yes, that did the trick.
Thanks.

However, as soon as I right click on a file and choose "send to" then " send to e-mail recipient" it creates the same entry as before.
Normal?

Thanks.
Regards Gruß
jpg