Salix 15b1 fresh install - used gslapt to install updates - now libslapt is missing and gslapt won't run

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
fyrstormer

Salix 15b1 fresh install - used gslapt to install updates - now libslapt is missing and gslapt won't run

Post by fyrstormer »

As the title states. I just installed Salix 15 beta 1 on a fresh VM, and everything was fine until I used gslapt to download and install updates. After installing the updates, gslapt won't run anymore, and when I try to launch it from the terminal, I get an error reporting that libslapt.so is missing -- "no such file or directory". Removing and reinstalling gslapt doesn't fix the problem, and I can't figure out how to download libslapt separately. Help?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix 15b1 fresh install - used gslapt to install updates - now libslapt is missing and gslapt won't run

Post by gapan »

Yes, if you follow the beta thread, you'll find out that some upgrades need to be applied in the right order. First upgrade spkg. Then upgrade slapt-get. Then remove and reinstall the qogir-icon-theme package.

The following should work if I remember correctly:

Code: Select all

sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get -i spkg
sudo slapt-get -i slapt-get
sudo spkg -d qogir-icon-theme
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/icons/Qogir* # for good measure
sudo slapt-get -i qogir-icon-theme
fyrstormer

Re: Salix 15b1 fresh install - used gslapt to install updates - now libslapt is missing and gslapt won't run

Post by fyrstormer »

gapan wrote: 29. Jul 2022, 22:01 Yes, if you follow the beta thread, you'll find out that some upgrades need to be applied in the right order. First upgrade spkg. Then upgrade slapt-get. Then remove and reinstall the qogir-icon-theme package.

The following should work if I remember correctly:

Code: Select all

sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get -i spkg
sudo slapt-get -i slapt-get
sudo spkg -d qogir-icon-theme
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/icons/Qogir* # for good measure
sudo slapt-get -i qogir-icon-theme
Yep, that worked. Gslapt works again. Thanks.