problem with "GSlapt" description pane

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
miredia

problem with "GSlapt" description pane

Post by miredia »

Open "GSlapt" and enter password. After it's ready type "font" (without double-quotation marks) at the search box and press enter. After it finishes updating the list display, scroll down and select "bdftopcf", likely that was already installed. Now at the search blank type "font view" (including space, excluding double-quotation marks) and press enter. The list display in the middle on my computer then updates to show only "gucharmap", but with the "bdftopcf" description. This remains the same even if the user clicks on "gucharmap" entry or changes the view of the bottom pane. In the latter case, switching to "common" shows the main information about "bdftopcf" and not about "gucharmap". However, erase the search blank and the program updates the list display highlighting "gucharmap" and showing the correct description for it.

Searching for "font" and the "bdftopcf" was just for the example. Because "gucharmap" was pre-installed with my system, I don't know if it makes a difference in this case.

To me it's a small annoyance but it could confuse somebody else.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: problem with "GSlapt" description pane

Post by gapan »

Ah, I've seen this before but forgot to report it to jaos, the gslapt dev. I'll point this to him now. Thanks!
jaos

Re: problem with "GSlapt" description pane

Post by jaos »

Thanks for the report!

I pushed a change to signal on search change for the current selection or empty out the package details if there is no selection.

https://github.com/jaos/gslapt/pull/2

Feel free to comment there if this is working ok for you.

take care,
jason