[FIXED] Network Shared Don't Mount During Boot Up

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

[FIXED] Network Shared Don't Mount During Boot Up

Post by laprjns »

I inputed this into this into the bug tracker; hope that's was what I am suppose to do.
I have two lines in my fstb which mount remote cifs shares. During boot up the rc scripts apparently process fstab before the network is up, so they do not get mounted. This is the exact same problem that I had on ZW,which probably means it;s a Slackware issue. I confirmed this on two machines, one networked via wire and the other wireless.
On the bug tracker thing, i think I messed up the category assignment. None of the three choices seem appropriate to me, and it was not obvious to me if a new one could be created. It seemed to default to "installer"
Regards
Rich
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Network Shared Don't Mount During Boot Up

Post by laprjns »

gapan
Thanks for the help on irc today. I really messed up my system. Spent several hours trying to fix it, but finally decided to reinstall. I had only installed the system the day before, so that and having my home on a separate partition resulted in a relatively benign re-install. Then the most embarrassing thing is that I found out that ssh was enabled all along :oops:
Anyway,i got it working and went on to test the insertion of mount -a in rc.M. It did work, but I had to add a sleep 21.before the mount line. With the 21 seconds the network cifs shares gets mounted consistently.
Regards
Rich
Last edited by laprjns on 14. Sep 2009, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Rich, please try the new sysvinit-scripts package from the repo, accept the rc.M.new file, reboot and tell me if it works. Thanks! :)
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

:D Yes, works on both my wire and wireless setup. Still throws mounting errors during boot, but must be from an earlier attempt to mount the shares before the network is up.
Thanks