Sharing /home between slack13 & Salix?

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
wingevil

Sharing /home between slack13 & Salix?

Post by wingevil »

I want to install Salix on my comp beneth the existent slack13. A 16 GB Partition is reserved for Salix-root.

The other partitions are all assigned to the slack13-installation, so my question is: Can I use the existent /home-partition from slack13 for Salix also without problems? (Note: the user under slack13 and Salix should be the same login-name, it's easier to memorize!)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Sharing /home between slack13 & Salix?

Post by gapan »

Of course you can. :)
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Sharing home partition should be possible with every distribution ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
wingevil

Post by wingevil »

thank you for your advise. I've just installed it, but took a different login-name. I guess, I would be running into problems with the same login-name under both distros because of different personal config-files for same "services" such as customized .desktop-files for xfce or .bashrc an so on...

regards
Shador

Post by Shador »

wingevil wrote:thank you for your advise. I've just installed it, but took a different login-name. I guess, I would be running into problems with the same login-name under both distros because of different personal config-files for same "services" such as customized .desktop-files for xfce or .bashrc an so on...

regards
you can also use the same username with different home directories. Since I'm also too lazy to remember another user name, I used this trick to overcome the problem.