Can no longer connect to my network

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
J.A.F

Can no longer connect to my network

Post by J.A.F »

and none of the swedish keyboard layout works. Yesterday I was in #salix (after my first boot up) complaining about the keyboard layouts but I decided to post a thread in the forum instead. Today when I was about to do that I discovered that I wasn't connected to the network. wcid still finds the network and it gets passed the authorization part but it fails at retrieving the IP address. This was exactly the reason why I left Zenwalk 6.2 after 48h of use :evil: but then it only worked in the LiveCD but not after the HDD install. Now I need to return to my good old reliable Mac and Windows computers which runs on the same network to post a thread about a unstable Linux PC. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

As I said I also have a problem with the keyboard layouts. I have an IBM Model M 1391411 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard , which has 102 keys and swedish layout. With every se-layout I try in xfce=>settings=>keyboard setup ÅÄÖ don't bind to their respective buttons.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: Can no longer connect to my network

Post by JRD »

With every se-layout I try in xfce=>settings=>keyboard setup ÅÄÖ don't bind to their respective buttons.
in the graphical environnement ?
Try after installing this: http://pnboy.pinguix.com/gapan/salix/sa ... ch-1gv.txz
J.A.F

Post by J.A.F »

Scratch that the network works again.

How do you install that file once you\ve extracted all the files_
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

J.A.F wrote:Scratch that the network works again.

How do you install that file once you\ve extracted all the files_
Hi J.A.F.

You quit the IRC just as I was about to answer you... ;)

Those are packages, you do not need to extract them.

Simply install them as such:

installpkg salixtools-r84-noarch-1gv.txz
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

There is a new salixtools 0.4.0 package in the repository now that is newer than that package. You can upgrade to it with slapt-get. But I don't think it will fix your problem. Nothing in the Swedish layouts changed there though, so I don't think it will fix anything for you. Do you know what is the correct keyboard layout and the correct keyboard variant (if any) that should be used for Swedish?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Are you sure the correct Swedish keyboard map isn't sv-latin1?