[Solved] Mounting other system drives with XFCE/Thunar?

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Nate_KS

[Solved] Mounting other system drives with XFCE/Thunar?

Post by Nate_KS »

Hi!

Long time Linux user (started with Slackware over 20 years ago, been mostly a Debian user since 1999) but a new Salix OS user. Well done!

I've been getting familiar with Salix on an additional partition on my laptop. The drive has four primary partitions, two are dedicated to a Devuan/Debian installation as the root system and home system. The other two are swap and Salix.

I installed the Xfce 14.2 edition and performed the full installation.

The Xfce desktop and Thunar show the other two partitions but I cannot mount them using either. Sure, I can and do use 'sudo mount', etc. to mount either of them. And I could/should probably put each in /etc/fstab and then set the permissions for my user to mount, etc. But, those icons are sitting there just begging to be used. :lol:

I'm not sure if this is a consolekit issue as my user can mount/unmount removable media from Thunar. I tried adding my user to the 'disk' group, but that didn't help.

All ideas are welcome.

TIA.
Last edited by Nate_KS on 20. Feb 2017, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Mounting other system drives with XFCE/Thunar?

Post by laprjns »

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
Nate_KS

Re: Mounting other system drives with XFCE/Thunar?

Post by Nate_KS »

Thanks! Mounting those partitions works just fine now.

I had a thought it might be polkit related a while after I posted. I was reading through older posts but must have skipped that one as not being obvious to my problem.