( Solved ) Zen Nomad Xtra on Salix 14.2

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Kimdino
Donor

( Solved ) Zen Nomad Xtra on Salix 14.2

Post by Kimdino »

Hi folks,
I have recently acquired a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra but have had no luck connecting it to my Salix 14.2 box.

I have installed Gnomad2 but this reports "No jukeboxes found on USB bus". When run from the command line I can also see "PDE device NULL." reported there.

I have also tried 'mtp-tools' but am unable to get anything useful from these. Though I must admit I am unsure if I am using these correctly as the help is a bit terse both using '-h' and google.

Nothing happens in syslog when I plug in the Nomad. It doesn't show up with 'lsusb' either. However, the device lights up on plugging in. So it appears that the Nomad can see the PC, while Salix is totally unaware of the Nomad.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Kimdino
Last edited by Kimdino on 19. Sep 2017, 21:33, edited 2 times in total.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Zen Nomad Xtra on Salix 14.2

Post by laprjns »

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
westms

Post by westms »

Hello,

there is the package libnjb in the repository. Is it installed?
Kimdino
Donor

Post by Kimdino »

Hi folks,
It is now working with me. I am writing this reply as GNomad is transferring audiobooks to the Zen Xtra from my PC.

I believe the problem may have been the connecting lead. The original lead being used was bought from ebay where it was described as a data lead, However (grasping at straws) I bought another lead to try earlier and GNomad picked up the device. I will be retrying the original lead when the transfer has completed in order to verify the diagnosis, but I believe the original lead may only be a charging lead, hence the problem.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers, Kimdino