Shutter won’t launch anymore overnight

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Shutter won’t launch anymore overnight

Post by mimosa »

gapan wrote:So you might be using thunar in mate or caja in xfce, which is not ideal.
Would it solve that to just install the right one for your chosen DE, and perhaps remove the other? I'm assuming the way this must work is the file manager is set by an environment variable.

I am using Ratpoison myself, so all this is a bit over my head ;)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

mimosa wrote:Would it solve that to just install the right one for your chosen DE, and perhaps remove the other?
Yes, but what would be the point of having the other DE installed in this case?
Themis

Post by Themis »

Well, almost done. Lots of stuff were missing.
Now I can launch Shutter, with a couple of remaining errors and warnings, and I can’t figure out which packages/modules are appropriate.

Code: Select all

$ shutter
WARNING: Gtk2::AppIndicator is missing --> there will be no icon showing up in the status bar when running Unity!

INFO: new upload-plugin information detected - /usr/share/shutter/resources/system/upload_plugins/upload/Dropbox
Can't locate Net/OAuth.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Net::OAuth module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/shutter/resources/modules /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/share/shutter/resources/modules/WebService/Dropbox.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/shutter/resources/modules/WebService/Dropbox.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/shutter/resources/system/upload_plugins/upload/Dropbox.pm line 73.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/shutter/resources/system/upload_plugins/upload/Dropbox.pm line 73.

ERROR: upload-plugin exists but does not work properly - /usr/share/shutter/resources/system/upload_plugins/upload/Dropbox
I don’t think that the error concerning Dropbox is too important (I don’t want to use it, so…). However, I can’t figure out how to fix the GTK2 and OAuth cases. Made some research with spi gtk2* and spi oauth, but couldn’t find something that would match. Concerning OAuth, there were apparently no Pearl packages.
gapan wrote:
mimosa wrote:Would it solve that to just install the right one for your chosen DE, and perhaps remove the other?
Yes, but what would be the point of having the other DE installed in this case?
So having only MATE is OK, if I understand?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

AppIndicator is a Unity desktop thing. It doesn't matter here. The Net/OAuth.pm problem is caused from the upload-plugin as far as I can tell, which probably uploads stuff to dropbox in some automated way, so if you don't care about it, you can just ignore it.

And yes, you should be OK with just MATE.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

gapan wrote:Yes, but what would be the point of having the other DE installed in this case?
For future reference, as a simpler solution.

My guess is also that the correct file manager would have been set when the mate package set (including caja) was installed. Reinstalling xfce after removing it might reverse this, but there was no need to remove it in the first place - and doing so caused problems.
salix_user

Post by salix_user »

I have installed Shutter via Sourcery (14.2 xfce)
Seems, it works Ok.

Please, add these missing pkgs to the list of its deps

perl-Test-Pod
perl-Test-Pod-Coverage
perl-gnome2-canvas
perl-gnome2-vfs
perl-xml-twig
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Done, thanks!