live-cd Salix - can't access to another user's directory

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
srgslogin

live-cd Salix - can't access to another user's directory

Post by srgslogin »

I use live-cd with Salix and try to open ditectory on hard drive with installed Simply Linux. This directory is: home/admin-simply-linux. But live-cd with another Linux distributive can access this directory (some of them can, some not). How can I get access?
westms

Re: live-cd Salix - can't access to another user's directory

Post by westms »

srgslogin wrote:I use live-cd with Salix and try to open ditectory on hard drive with installed Simply Linux. This directory is: home/admin-simply-linux. But live-cd with another Linux distributive can access this directory (some of them can, some not). How can I get access?
The basis for this can be established by mounting the filesystem on which the directory tree /home/admin-simply-linux is located.

For example, if the device is /dev/sdb2 and the filesystem on it is ext4, then the mount command can be:

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t ext4 /dev/sdb2 /mnt/tmp
If the device is not known

ls -l /dev/sd*
provides a list from which the right can be selected.

It may be necessary to influence characteristics. This happens with the option '-o'. An exemplary call could be:

sudo mount -t ext4 -o ro,user /dev/sdb2 /mnt/tmp
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: live-cd Salix - can't access to another user's directory

Post by gapan »

What exactly do you mean by "can't access"? Is mounting the partition the problem? Or is it that after you have mounted the partition, you can't access the files in there?