Atom (64-bit version) SlackBuild fakeroot

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Themis

Atom (64-bit version) SlackBuild fakeroot

Post by Themis »

Hello,

I tried to install Atom and got this error…

Code: Select all

[~]$ sudo spi -i install atom-amd64
…
[OK until…]
…
atom-amd64.SlackBuild: line 51: cd: atom-1.23.3-amd64: No such file or directory
fakeroot -- sh atom-amd64.SlackBuild Failed
(I’ve chosen the amd64 version since I’me running the 14.2 64-bit release.)

Is it normal (I guess not)? As far as I can go through the installation process, that seems to be the only error I get. Is there something I could do to fix it? Should I try to install the 32-bit version instead, though I’ve learn this is not especially recommended?
DidierSpaier

Re: Atom (64-bit version) SlackBuild fakeroot

Post by DidierSpaier »

Hello,

the right command is just:

sudo spi -i atom-64
It works here, after installation I typed "atom" and that started the GUI.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

Themis wrote:Is it normal (I guess not)? As far as I can go through the installation process, that seems to be the only error I get. Is there something I could do to fix it?
No it's not normal. atom-amd64 installed properly here without errors using the command

sudo spi -i atom-amd64
Themis wrote:Should I try to install the 32-bit version instead, though I’ve learn this is not especially recommended?
No

From the error message you posted, it appears to be erroring on line 51 of the SLACKBUILD file, which is a simple change to directory and doesn't find it. Can you try installing it again and if it fails again, post the last 10 to 15 lines of the output. There may be additional infomation in these lines to help diagnose the problem.

Also there appears to be a problem with the command that you posted;

[~]$ sudo spi -i install atom-amd64
if you really included "install" in that command then it should havee failed with a "no such package" error.

rich[~]$ sudo spi -i install atom-amd64 
No such package or SlackBuild: install
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
Themis

Post by Themis »

Thanks.

My bad for the install part, I did not use it. Just wrote it here as an habit from the Debian-like world.
So I indeed used:

sudo spi -i atom-amd64
I just ran the command again, and got the exact same error. Never tried to install Atom in another way, that was my first try today at installing it correctly from the Salix repos.

DidierSpaier, running the command you gave me ended like this, which is then pretty weird.

[~]$ sudo spi -i atom-64
Password: 
No such package or SlackBuild: atom-64
Last edited by Themis on 15. Feb 2018, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Try:

sudo spi -u
first.
Themis

Post by Themis »

Thank you, gapan.
Apparently, it still doesn’t want to work, even after running sudo spi -u.

[~]$ sudo spi -i atom-amd64
The following packages will be installed:
 atom-amd64 
Fetching README...Done
Fetching atom-amd64.SlackBuild...Done
Fetching atom-amd64.desktop...Done
Fetching atom-amd64.info...Done
Fetching atom-amd64.png...Done
Fetching doinst.sh...Done
Fetching slack-desc...Done
Fetching https://github.com/atom/atom/releases/download/v1.23.3/atom-amd64.tar.gz...#...Failed
I’ve manually checked the URL, just to be sure, and it is (of course) a valid one. So I can’t figure out why the install process couldn’t find it.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Are you having trouble with your internet connection? That would explain it. It seems like a failed download.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

Maybe try cleaning the build dirctory first and then try to install again.

[~]$ sudo slapt-src --clean
followed by

[~]$ sudo spi -u
[~]$ sudo spi -i atom-amd64
If this fails in the same way as your orginial failure, then please post the last 10 to 15 lines of the output in the terminal.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I have just added packages for atom in the extra repositories. As soon as your mirror syncs, you should be able to get them with gslapt/slapt-get. That's the "atom" package, built from source, not the "atom-amd64" package, which is a binary repackaging.
Themis

Post by Themis »

@gapan Mmm, well, yes, it seems that my laptop’s got some connection issues. For now I can’t figure out if it’s just a hardware or a software thing. Right now after exiting sleep mode, I was able to go on the Internet. Then I tried to follow laprjns’s adivce, and figured out that the connection was lost when I got this:

[~]$ sudo spi -u
Updating package cache...
Retrieving package data [http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/slackware-14.2/]... Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/slackware-14.2/extra/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/14.2/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/extra-14.2/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Sources failed to download, correct sources and rerun --update
The Wi-Fi signal was still perfect, though I had lost the connection. I had never encountered this problem before the late updates a few days ago. Could that be linked?

Anyway, I am now trying to install Atom. It seems to be OK, but I’m again having connection issues again (no problem on my two other PC, one running Ubuntu, the other one Mac OS X), so I’ll have to dig a bit. For now, it’s trying to install a lot of stuff. I hope the connection issue won’t ruin everything.

Edit:
So the installation process went on, but there seems to be some problems.

[~]$ sudo spi -i atom
[things going OK]
Installing language-yaml@0.31.1 ✓
Wrote Dependencies Fingerprint: /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/node_modules/.dependencies-fingerprint d22e8ed3091a478f0dba989e45f93d0c1460a00e
Copying assets to /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
Transpiling packages with custom transpiler configurations in /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
 transpiling for package github
Installing modules ✓
Transpiling Babel paths in /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
Transpiling CoffeeScript paths in /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
Transpiling CSON paths in /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
Transpiling PEG.js paths in /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
Generating module cache for /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app
Generating pre-built less cache in /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app/less-compile-cache
Generating metadata for /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/out/app/package.json
Generating API docs at /usr/src/slapt-src/development/atom/atom-1.23.3/docs/output/atom-api.json

<--- Last few GCs --->

[5926:0x3234a40]  2377293 ms: Mark-sweep 1425.3 (1480.0) -> 1425.3 (1480.0) MB, 1607.2 / 0.0 ms  allocation failure scavenge might not succeed
[5926:0x3234a40]  2378910 ms: Mark-sweep 1425.3 (1480.0) -> 1425.3 (1480.0) MB, 1616.9 / 0.0 ms  allocation failure scavenge might not succeed
[5926:0x3234a40]  2380520 ms: Mark-sweep 1425.3 (1480.0) -> 1425.3 (1480.0) MB, 1609.2 / 0.0 ms  allocation failure scavenge might not succeed

<--- JS stacktrace --->
Cannot get stack trace in GC.
FATAL ERROR: MarkCompactCollector: semi-space copy, fallback in old gen Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory
 1: node::Abort() [node]
 2: 0x106343c [node]
 3: v8::Utils::ReportOOMFailure(char const*, bool) [node]
 4: v8::internal::V8::FatalProcessOutOfMemory(char const*, bool) [node]
 5: v8::internal::EvacuateNewSpaceVisitor::Visit(v8::internal::HeapObject*, int) [node]
 6: v8::internal::FullEvacuator::RawEvacuatePage(v8::internal::Page*, long*) [node]
 7: v8::internal::Evacuator::EvacuatePage(v8::internal::Page*) [node]
 8: v8::internal::PageEvacuationTask::RunInParallel() [node]
 9: v8::internal::ItemParallelJob::Run() [node]
10: v8::internal::MarkCompactCollector::EvacuatePagesInParallel() [node]
11: 0xcbf7b7 [node]
12: v8::internal::MarkCompactCollector::CollectGarbage() [node]
13: v8::internal::Heap::MarkCompact() [node]
14: v8::internal::Heap::PerformGarbageCollection(v8::internal::GarbageCollector, v8::GCCallbackFlags) [node]
15: v8::internal::Heap::CollectGarbage(v8::internal::AllocationSpace, v8::internal::GarbageCollectionReason, v8::GCCallbackFlags) [node]
16: v8::internal::Factory::NewFillerObject(int, bool, v8::internal::AllocationSpace) [node]
17: v8::internal::Runtime_AllocateInNewSpace(int, v8::internal::Object**, v8::internal::Isolate*) [node]
18: 0x1654e118463d
atom.SlackBuild: line 104:  5926 Aborted                 npm_config_arch=$NPMARCH npm_config_target_arch=$NPMARCH PYTHON=python2 ./script/build
fakeroot -- sh atom.SlackBuild Failed
I read there are some kind of memomy problems. Which kind of memory would that be?