[SOLVED]: Applications not working

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
pnbalaji

[SOLVED]: Applications not working

Post by pnbalaji »

Hi,

Day before yesterday, my internet stopped working and after a while, most of the applications were stuck and I had to kill all applications and rebooted my salix OS using "sudo reboot". However, after that I am having issues with pretty much all applications. Firefox and terminal do not show the menu bar and their bottom status is not aligned with the desktop bottom. Chromium with all the menu icons. However, the minimize, close and maximize button does not work at all. Full Chromium window covers about 80% of the desktop and I cannot resize. I tried deleting the config folder from my home directory and it did not help. I ran the "Rebuild Icon Cache" and that did not help too.

I am not sure what went wrong. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to wipe out and re-install Salix from the scratch, if at all possible. There is no minimize, maximize, and close button on several applications including the terminal emulator, screenshot etc.

Alt-Tab is also not working when I try to switch applications.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Balaji.
Last edited by pnbalaji on 23. Feb 2018, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
pnbalaji

Re: Applications not working

Post by pnbalaji »

Hi,

I restarted the XFCE window manager from a terminal by running the command xfwm4 and it seems to have fixed the issue. Now everything appears to be normal.

Thanks,
Balaji.