How to create menu item /desktop link?

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Smooey

Re: How to create menu item /desktop link?

Post by Smooey »

mimosa wrote: 27. Dec 2018, 13:50
Smooey wrote: 27. Dec 2018, 13:36 the other guy's suggestion.
No, that was just wrong. You probably have to reboot (or log in and out) for the changes to be registered. Full disclosure: I am running Salix with ratpoison, so I don't actually have any icons.

By the way, you may want to have a look at the Salix User Guide (linked from the homepage) especially chapter 3 on package management. The Guide is not fully up to date but remains informative for new Salix users.
I didn't mean any disrespect at all, I was just meaning I didn't login/logout or reboot after applying your suggestion and gapan's suggestion. But after I did logout and back in again, Vivaldi's icon was there. Hence it's not sure WHICH suggestion worked for me lol.

And thanks for the info about user guide, I'll read it in more detail then. I'm kinda still trying out various distros in VM and see which one I like better, and if I find one I like/love I'll stick to it and dive 100% into the wiki's etc.
Smooey

Re: How to create menu item /desktop link?

Post by Smooey »

gapan wrote: 27. Dec 2018, 13:56
Smooey wrote: 27. Dec 2018, 13:36 On topic of "privacy" related browsers, what goods ones you suggest?
Honestly, firefox. With the right settings I don't see anything else being better in any respect. Here's an article to get you started:
https://restoreprivacy.com/firefox-privacy/
Yuck! I'm staying away from Firefox ... LOL! Actually all distro's should consider changing their main default browsers away from Firefox. Haven't you all been reading up on Firefox and George Soros and wanting to combat "Fake news". Well, "Fake news" to "them" means, conservative, free thinkers and truthers /truth seekers. But of course to "us" awakened ones, MSM is the fake news. Basically various people and companies want to get America like China and be like 1984 movie.