install_on_usb.cmd script

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
LabOnSalix

install_on_usb.cmd script

Post by LabOnSalix »

Hi,
Working with my Toshiba-Vista system, I want to test Salix Live before installing Salix on the HD.
The salixlive64-xfce-14.2.1 ISO was burn and unzipped on my key but I dont found the script: Install_on_usb.cmd on the boot directory.
The script install_on_usb.sh is well present.
Someone can tell me where I can found Install_on_usb.cmd ?
Thanks
JM
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: install_on_usb.cmd script

Post by djemos »

First there is no Install_on_usb.cmd file in the boot folder. It is not missing, i have never create it.
I suppose you do not have any linux distro installed. So download unebootin for windows from here
Plug in your usb and format it in fat32 and also be sure to set usb label name to LIVE otherwise salix will not be found and will not boot.
Run unetbootin and point to salixlive64-xfce-14.2.1.iso in your disk and install it to usb stick. Then reboot and boot in your salix system from usb.
LabOnSalix

Post by LabOnSalix »

Sorry,
I was just intenting to follow the instructions from: https://docs.salixos.org/wiki/How_to_in ... an_USB_key
[ From an ISO image
You need to at least install parted and syslinux. Installation of lilo is optional, but highly recommended.
Open the ISO file using a software archiver (file-roller, xarchiver, 7-zip, iso-master, …)
Extract all files and folders (boot, packages, salixlive and salix-<...>.live) to your USB root directory
Go to the "boot" directory on the USB key.
If you're on Unix (Linux, BSD, Max OS X), simply execute the file called "install-on-USB.sh" (root privileges are required)
If you're on Windows, execute the file called "install-on-USB.cmd" instead. ]

I'll try unetbootin.
Thanks a lot
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

I tested rufus which is very good and also can set usb label name.
You can download rufus for windows from here