How to mount external USB-HDD ntfs-formatted

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
jpg153
Donor

Re: How to mount external USB-HDD ntfs-formatted

Post by jpg153 »

Hi,

well, the device seems to work properly with USB3.0 with a Win10 laptop, so its probably the USB-board inside this PC.
I remember having similar trouble when connecting my camera (USB3 capable) to the same connectors. Sometimes
it worked, sometimes not or just after many trials of un-/plugging.

Is there any recommendation for such a board/chipset?

The one here was said to be a NEC chipset with no probs, but obviously its not. There are some more hits in the net
when looking up this specific chipset, statin g problems.
But, which one will work? Or is it just the combination of mainboard and USB-board? :?

Thanks.
Regards Gruß
jpg
galmei

Post by galmei »

jpg153 wrote: 13. Jan 2020, 11:59 Is there any recommendation for such a board/chipset?

The one here was said to be a NEC chipset with no probs, but obviously its not. There are some more hits in the net
when looking up this specific chipset, statin g problems.
But, which one will work? Or is it just the combination of mainboard and USB-board? :?
If you are still busy with the USB plug-in card, i.e. you have not yet returned it, then you can go a little further. Possibly the questions about which product/chipset it is and whether it is well enough supported can be answered.

If the card still has the same slot on the mainboard, then execute the call

Code: Select all

sudo lspci -k -s 00:0b.0
00:0b.0 is the bus, device and function ID. The call returns vendor, device/product and class ID. So that the manufacturer and other data about the card can be determined. Among other things it can be used to look up the PCI device database. In addition, the call (-k) provides information on the kernel device driver used and also on the kernel module.
jpg153
Donor

Post by jpg153 »

Hi all,

I just bought and plugged in a new adapter card with TI-chipset (Lindy USB 3.0 4port Host Adapter - 51121) - flawless :lol:
The Toshiba HDD was there within seconds when attached.

Thanks for support.
Regards Gruß
jpg