Installations and their Dependencies

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
DidierSpaier

Re: Installations and their Dependencies (issue with surf)

Post by DidierSpaier »

Follow-up:
DidierSpaier wrote: 13. Oct 2022, 21:25 I have two ways to solve this discrepancy.
  • ship libmanette in Slint (probably the best way, even if do not rebuild webkit2gtk)
  • write slapt-get --upgrade -s --ignore-dep (looks to me as an ugly workaroud)
I built and installed libmanette using the SlackBuild from Salix (took about one minute), this made slapt-get --upgrade happily replace surf and dmenu that I had built with slapt-src by the packages in extra-15.0.

I will include libmanette in Slint.

If I find similar issues I know what to do 8-)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Unknown package "lib". Issue with depfinder?

Post by gapan »

DidierSpaier wrote: 8. Oct 2022, 17:21 ...
Indeed the "lib" dependencies puzzles me and to a lesser degree the "libmms" dependency (supposed to be an auto-detected dependency of libmediainfo).

Neither a "lib" package nor a "libmms" package are installed here.
Thanks Didier, I've since fixed that.
Bird wrote: 9. Oct 2022, 14:46 On Salix 14.1 32-bit, for the SlackBuild Kdenlive 0.9.8, there are some missing dependencies:
linuxdoc-tools
qjson
automoc4
kdelibs
I did install gsm manually and unchecked "Resolve dependencies" in Sourcery.

Well, it's really an old version, and the developers probably have other things to do. But this is more for my personal documentation when installing these systems that run pretty well with the old programs.
Thanks Bird, I have added those to the kdenlive deps for 14.1.
DidierSpaier wrote: 13. Oct 2022, 21:25 This file mentions libmanette as dependency, probably because in Salix it is a dependency of webkit2gtk, itself a dependency of surf.
As an aside I like surf, a lot faster than Firefox. Based on webkit2gtk, with only 2149 lines of code in surf.c.
Actually, it seems libmanette is a direct dependency of surf:

Code: Select all

$ ldd /usr/bin/surf|grep manette
        libmanette-0.2.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libmanette-0.2.so.0 (0x00007f40485d2000)
But I'm glapt you have it fixed the proper way. ;)

And surf is great! It's astonishingly fast, although of course it can't cope with the craziness that is the modern web.
Bird
Donor

Re: Installations and their Dependencies

Post by Bird »

On Salix 14.2 32-bit, there was a problem when compiling the game armagetronad 0.2.9.1.0.

TypeError: descriptor 'split' requires a 'str' object but received a 'unicode'

It was solved through installing the package "python3" over slapt-get.
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

I've just noticed, that Kronometer (on Salix 14.2, 32-bit) requires in addition to "automoc4" also "cmake".

kronometer.SlackBuild: Zeile 75: cmake: Kommando nicht gefunden.
fakeroot -- sh kronometer.SlackBuild Gescheitert

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
Did not find automoc4 (Automoc4Config.cmake, install
git://anongit.kde.org/automoc). (missing: AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE)
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

I'm here on Salix 14.2, 64-bit. It's about the Slackbuild "libfsntfs". Do you still have that one on Salix 15? A quite important package, as some other programs depend on it.

This was the link, but now it's gone.
https://github.com/libyal/libfsntfs/rel ... 104.tar.gz

It looks like a bad decision to have chosen an "experimental" build. Here is some other complaint about that:
https://github.com/libyal/libfsntfs/issues/23
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Yes, it is there in the repos for 15.0. It's already available as a package, no need to compile it in 15.0. But the source files are here anyway:
https://download.salixos.org/x86_64/ext ... libfsntfs/
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

On Salix 14.2 32-Bit, the program "secpanel" requires the package "tk". It installs fine with slapt-get, but running doesn't run, as it exists with:
/usr/bin/secpanel: Line 4: exec: wish: Not found.

Someone else had a couple of problems with that, too: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... 5695;msg=2
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

A little problem with Armagetron Advanced under Salix 15.0. It requires SDL. Is it in the dependencies of the armagetronad package?

armagetronad: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The SDL package is named "sdl-1.2.15-x86_64-13_slack15.0" at the moment. Trying to install it as "SDL" or "sdl" gives no results.
SalixManiac

Post by SalixManiac »

Colin Chapman “light is right” those last words "the middle pedal is for cowards"
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

The package "simon" requires automoc4 and linuxdoc-tools. Running this on 14.2.

Error message:
file:///usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd:101: warning: failed to load external entity "file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.5/docbookx.dtd"