Installations and their Dependencies

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Installations and their Dependencies

Post by laprjns »

FreeCAD is missing the following dependencies;
Coin
qt5-webkit
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

laprjns wrote: 3. Jul 2022, 17:08 FreeCAD is missing the following dependencies;
Coin
qt5-webkit
Thank you!
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

I'm trying to install the Palemoon browser on Salix 14.2 64-bit via Sourcery. Same for palemoon-bin.
Does it work for you? I get an error that the MD5 checksums are wrong.
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

On Salix 14.1, I tried to install the package "gsm" via Sourcery. However the download link to http://www.imagemagick.org/download/del ... 13.tar.bz2 is broken. I found out that for Salix 14.2, the same version and be found in the normal packages, for example here: http://salix.mirror.garr.it/salix//i486 ... aries/gsm/

I'd need the "gsm" package to install Kdenlive on Salix 14.1. Could you somewhat merge the 14.2 package back to the 14.1 package list?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Bird wrote: 6. Sep 2022, 19:37 On Salix 14.1, I tried to install the package "gsm" via Sourcery. However the download link to http://www.imagemagick.org/download/del ... 13.tar.bz2 is broken. I found out that for Salix 14.2, the same version and be found in the normal packages, for example here: http://salix.mirror.garr.it/salix//i486 ... aries/gsm/

I'd need the "gsm" package to install Kdenlive on Salix 14.1. Could you somewhat merge the 14.2 package back to the 14.1 package list?
No, but nobody is stopping you from getting the sources from that 14.2 repository and building the package manually. ;)
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

@gapan: Surely I'll do that... but that doesn't fix the problem for the next one. Could you appoint me as Salix Sourcery Legacy Manager? I would like to be able to fix these things on the bigger scale.
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

Even if it won't be maintained, I'll continue to write down package dependency problems for the older Salix versions.

On Salix 14.2, the Sourcery package "subtitlecomposer" requires "automoc4".
Edit: Subtitle Composer also needs "oxygen-icons" to display icons, as it is a KDE program.
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

At SBo jack2 has been renamed jack.

@gapan; would you mind propagate this change to the repository extra-15.0, including the dependencies to jack?

I ask because jack (formerly jack2) is included in Slint so trying to install packages depending on it with slapt-get fails by lack of jack2.

Cheers,
Didier
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

DidierSpaier wrote: 18. Sep 2022, 17:59 At SBo jack2 has been renamed jack.

@gapan; would you mind propagate this change to the repository extra-15.0, including the dependencies to jack?

I ask because jack (formerly jack2) is included in Slint so trying to install packages depending on it with slapt-get fails by lack of jack2.

Cheers,
Didier
Didier, for this reason, there is a "jack" dummy package in the main salix repo, which just depends on jack2.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

The evdi package has unmet dependence evdi-kernel.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"