Opera et Gscan2pdf

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
ivanovnegro
Donor

Re: Opera et Gscan2pdf

Post by ivanovnegro »

papa wrote: 23. Jan 2022, 17:21 Post the output here and please use the code display tags ??? What does this sentence mean?
Look how I quote your post to make it more readable. Above in the editor when you reply to a message you can choose tags, in this case the "quote" button: "

Same goes with terminal output, you use the "code" tags: </>

When you hover over the buttons it will show you a tool tip, so you know what it does.

Now back to the issue. You finally updated your newly installed system I guess from what I was able to see.
Now let us try the steps from before.

Post the output of:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc
cat /etc/slapt-get/slapt-srcrc
I hope the repos are now fully functional as you were able to upgrade all packages to its recent state. I know we are not really synchronized here and the whole wall of text with French parts is not easy on the eyes but it looked somehow successful.

Then try to find that package again:

slapt-get --search libxkbcommon
See how the text above is neatly put into appropriate tags?

At this point I am not sure if that package is already installed by default because I never installed it consciously on purpose. If not you can just install it by typing:

sudo slapt-get -i libxkbcommon
Later let us try the Opera thing even though I do not recommend it but maybe as a proof of concept.
papa

Post by papa »

root[/]# cat /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc

root[/]# cat /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc
# Working directory for local storage/cache.
WORKINGDIR=/var/slapt-get

# Exclude package names and expressions.
# To exclude pre and beta packages, add this to the exclude:
#   [0-9\_\.\-]{1}pre[0-9\-\.\-]{1}
EXCLUDE=^aaa_elflibs,^aaa_base,^devs,^glibc.*,^kernel-.*,^rootuser-settings,^zzz-settings.*,-i?86-

# The Slackware repositories, including dependency information
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/slackware-14.2/:OFFICIAL
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/slackware-14.2/extra/:OFFICIAL

# The Salix repository
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/14.2/:PREFERRED
# And the Salix extra repository
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/extra-14.2/:OFFICIAL

# Local repositories
# SOURCE=file:///var/www/packages/:CUSTOM

root[/]# cat /etc/slapt-get/slapt-srcrc[/b]
BUILDDIR=/usr/src/slapt-src
PKGEXT=tgz
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/slkbuild/14.2/
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/sbo/14.2/ 

root[/]# slapt-get --search libxkbcommon[/b]
libxkbcommon-0.5.0-x86_64-1gv [inst=oui]: libxkbcommon (library to handle keyboard descriptions)

root[/]# slapt-get -i libxkbcommon[/b]
Lecture de la liste des paquets…Fait
libxkbcommon est à jour.
0 mis à jour, 0 a été réinstallé, 0 a été installé dernièrement, 0 à retirer, 0 n'a pas été mis à jour.

Fait

And .... Opera works well.
Thank you for your advice.
ivanovnegro
Donor

Post by ivanovnegro »

Now that looks better. I guess the problem was with the mirrors. You can see that the package was already installed, so the last step was not even necessary.

root[/]# slapt-get --search libxkbcommon[/b]
libxkbcommon-0.5.0-x86_64-1gv [inst=oui]: libxkbcommon (library to handle keyboard descriptions)

Another thing to learn. You only should use your root account when performing system administration or maintenance, for the rest it suffices to use your user account.

For example the above command only needs your user account, means without sudo and not using the root account,

slapt-get --search <package>
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I think I know one of the things papa did wrong, and wouldn't admit. He opened gslapt and manually edited the repos in there. It is possible to do that, but you really need to know what you're doing, and he didn't. BTW, the easier way to switch mirrors is through the "Repository Mirrors" application from the System menu (or "reposetup" from the command line).

He also made other changes. Somehow he changes something that among others, changed his bash prompt. He's also using a root account, which is disabled by default in Salix. And who knows what else?

So no, this was not a case of "I did a new installation and can't get this thing working". It was rather a "I did a new installation, changed a lot of things that I'm not revealing, and can't get this thing working".
papa

Post by papa »

I think I know one of the things papa did wrong, and wouldn't admit. He opened gslapt and manually edited the repos in there. 
Yes it's true I manually modified the file containing the repositories. What for? I have already installed Archlinux on another disk and I followed the documentation of Mr. BEZIES who recommended the modification of the file etc / mirrors. Through the forum someone told me that there was a Salix application that allowed to do it. I used it to select a French source. When you install Salix for the first time you don't know all the applications it offers. Errare humanum est!

He also made other changes. Somehow he changes something that among others, changed his bash prompt 
Yes, that's right. And I do not hide it since it shows. Many distributions display the user's name or root name by default. I got my thing. I hope this is not a crime?

It was rather a "I did a new installation, changed a lot of things that I'm not revealing, and can't get this thing working". 
Mr. Gapan, I am not interested in your police elucubrations. In the future, please do not answer me because you really did not interest me. Now I would like to close this post. Can someone tell me how to do it.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

papa wrote: 25. Jan 2022, 11:18 Yes it's true I manually modified the file containing the repositories
Which you failed to mention in any of your previous posts. Therefore sending everyone here on a wild goose chase.
papa wrote: 25. Jan 2022, 11:18I have already installed Archlinux on another disk...
Which you also failed to mention.
papa wrote: 25. Jan 2022, 11:18 When you install Salix for the first time you don't know all the applications it offers. Errare humanum est!
There is however a startup guide, linked from our main page, which mentions all that. It would have taken you 5 mins to read it.
papa wrote: 25. Jan 2022, 11:18 Yes, that's right. And I do not hide it since it shows.
But you did hide it. You even stated that it was that the installation was done on a blank disk, leaving everyone to think that there was nothing else that could interfere. You asked for help and withheld information on purpose.
papa wrote: 25. Jan 2022, 11:18I hope this is not a crime?
It's not a crime. It's just highly frowned upon.
papa wrote: 25. Jan 2022, 11:18 Mr. Gapan, I am not interested in your police elucubrations. In the future, please do not answer me because you really did not interest me.
Then you're going to have a hard time in these forums.
papa

[SOLVED] Re: Opera et Gscan2pdf

Post by papa »

You are absolutely right.