where is my Salix? Install/Boot problem

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
crow1908

Re: where is my Salix? Install/Boot problem

Post by crow1908 »

It's me! Me again

I couldn't with the login, so I decided to install Salix again, for the third time. After 12 hours I could edit "xorg.config" BUT! (It never ends part III)

But there' wasn't a xorg.conf archive. I read and discovered that I needed to create this archive. So, I found "xorg.conf-vesa" , edited it and then I copied and moved into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d renamed, though renamed as "50-synaptics.conf", I did several mistakes editing, but I wrote each line of this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/SiS

Then....startx....Now is moment for come back again our: BUT!

I got (EE)
Error: No CRT2 output selected or no bridge detected. Dual H$ (I cant' read the following words)
END OF MESSAGE
Error: First head encountered fatal error, aborting...
END OF MESSAGE
(I)UnloadModule: "sis"
(I)UnloadModule:"sis"
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration
(EE) Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found (EE)

Before that I see (--) Chipset SIS630/730 found

One me more thing....I did the chroot process for the password because during the installation I could'n't add my user and pass because I received an error like "can't show window".

So, I have this problem with 50-synaptics.conf alias "xorg.conf" but (this is a good but) I can login as root and work.

Could you help me? Please....
crow1908

Post by crow1908 »

Well...I'm searching on Internet and I've found this xorg.config file for SIS630. I'll give it a chance.

It says:
So basically here are the steps, but I dont know if each of this is required or not, I just know this is what I have, and it works:

1. In your kernel config, compile agpgart and agp for sis as a module.

2. Activate DRI support and select sis, as a module. (This seems to be required.)

3. Use Xorg!! (This also seems to be requirement.)

4. Copy the relevant parts from xorg.conf

Link: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-3 ... art-0.html

But...I don't understand step 1. How I compile agpart and agp in the kernel?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

agpgart and agp are already compiled in the kernel that comes with salix, so nothing to do there.
crow1908

Post by crow1908 »

That's the good news of the day. I'm going to work with that xorg. config that I've found and then I'll post here.

Thanks gapan! See you later :lol: