Spotify

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Spotify

Post by Van_Vinkle »

After upgrade 14.2 -> 15, spotify does not run.
I tried to reinstall it:

Code: Select all

Reinstalling package spotify-1.1.10-x86_64-2salix15.0...

(gslapt:7946): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 16:39:15.049: gtk_window_set_default_size: assertion 'GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(gslapt:7946): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 16:39:15.049: gtk_window_move: assertion 'GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
and reinstallation is not possible.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Spotify

Post by laprjns »

I just tried installing Spotify on a Salix 15 install and got a Spotify run time error saying it couldn't find libcurl-gnutls. Installed libcurl-gnutls using slapt-src and Spotify started without issues.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Post by Van_Vinkle »

laprjns wrote: 9. Sep 2022, 12:18 I just tried installing Spotify on a Salix 15 install and got a Spotify run time error saying it couldn't find libcurl-gnutls. Installed libcurl-gnutls using slapt-src and Spotify started without issues.
I did, and all is right.

Thanks a lot, laprjns.

(maybe libcurl-gnutls is a missing dependence of Spotify?)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I have added it now to the list of dependencies, along with everything else that was missing. The spotify package puts things in non-standard directories where depfinder doesn't normally look.

But, I would probably use the flatpak for spotify (if I used spotify). It's just a repackage of a binary after all and the flatpak is probably going to be updated more often.