Firewall GUI not functioning

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
tonb

Firewall GUI not functioning

Post by tonb »

In a new installation of Salix 15.0 32-bit I installed ufw and gui-ufw without problems. Now the firewall is functioning, but its GUI part is not. An entry Firewall Configuration was added to the desktop menu, but it did not do anything. I managed to have it request my password by changing the last line of /usr/bin/gufw from

Code: Select all

exec kdesu -c "python3 $dir/gufw.py"
to

pkexec "python3" "$dir/gufw.py"
but there is still nothing after the password is accepted. When I run gufw in a terminal window I get errors after the password is accepted.

salixman[~]$ gufw

(gufw.py:2538): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 16:31:28.686: gdk_keymap_get_for_display: assertion 'GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

(gufw.py:2538): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 16:31:28.686: gdk_keymap_get_modifier_mask: assertion 'GDK_IS_KEYMAP (keymap)' failed

The same messages appear several times, ending with

(gufw.py:2538): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 16:31:28.703: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

(gufw.py:2538): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 16:31:28.703: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

/usr/bin/gufw: line 20:  2538 Segmentation fault      pkexec "python3" "$dir/gufw.py"
What is happening here? Something not installed or something not initialized?
Thanks
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Firewall GUI not functioning

Post by gapan »

*Sigh* Not your fault, the Slackbuild from SBo assumes a KDE installation, it shouldn't. Change the last line of /usr/bin/gufw to:

exec gksu "python3 $dir/gufw.py"
and it will work.

I'll look into fixing it and updating it to a newer version in the mean time.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I just added a package for version 22.04 to the main repos that also fixes this. Wait for your mirror to sync and you should get it with a package update.
tonb

Post by tonb »

That did it. Gufw now working fine. Thank you.

Note: I ignored messages "Dependency failure" and "unmet dependencies" for gtk3. Package gtk3 seems not to exist.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Oops, that was a mistake on my part. It should have been "gtk+3". Fixed now!