Colorize CLI web browsers?

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
dwe3k

Colorize CLI web browsers?

Post by dwe3k »

I recognize this isn't specifically a Salix problem, but I am hoping someone can point me to the solution.

I am trying to enable color support for command line web browsers. I understand that the safe choice is for the packages for elinks, links, and felinks to have colors disabled by default, but i am trying to get it enabled.

I have tried stepping through the SlackBuilds steps/scripts to get colors enabled, but the scripts keep reporting errors.

Has anyone worked out how to enable colors?
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Colorize CLI web browsers?

Post by djemos »

Try to run with -g run with colors while -no-g run without colors
links -g salixos.org
dwe3k

Post by dwe3k »

djemos wrote: 19. Sep 2022, 09:04 Try to run with -g run with colors while -no-g run without colors
links -g salixos.org
:o :D The first time I tried that, the system complained. Something about not having framebuffer drivers, but I must have correct that in my shotgun attempts at resolving it, because now it's working. Thank you!
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

What about w3m? Did you try that CLI browser already?
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

w3m is a nice choice. If you are familiar with Emacs, it has its own built-in browser and it is colorized by default (but you can turn it off,) plus it has many goodies for a CLI browser. I use it all the time in weak computers and when I am programming, because it's very lightweight and works great for everything except videos.
launch Emacs -> Alt+x eww
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
dwe3k

Post by dwe3k »

Thank you all - I'm not sure how to mark or change the topic to [Solved] but it is.