Audacious

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Audacious

Post by Van_Vinkle »

The new salix 15 has, at least in my system, a problem with audacious:

Code: Select all

$ audacious 03_La_valse_d_Amelie.mp3
audacious: runtime.cc:92: MainloopType aud_get_mainloop_type(): Assertion `mainloop_type_set' failed.
Aborted
gaucho
Donor

Re: Audacious

Post by gaucho »

Hi, Van_Vinkle,

I've been using audacious to play .mp3 files on my Salix 15.0 installation, and it works fine.

Please check that you have these packages installed on your system:
  • audacious-plugins
  • audacious-aac
[I installed that last package because I regularly listen to a couple of online radio stations which stream using that format. AAC is designed to be the successor of the MP3 format.]

(I'm assuming that you have already run Salix's "Install multimedia codecs" script).

Hopefully this will resolve your issue. :)
Registered Linux User # 442201

Dell Latitude E4300 laptop: Intel Core2 Duo P9400 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, Intel Wireless 7260
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

I will be surprised if @gaucho 's suggestions won't solve the problem.
By the way, you picked great music to test Audacious, @Van_Vinkle
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Post by Van_Vinkle »

gaucho wrote: 20. Sep 2022, 02:44 Hi, Van_Vinkle,

I've been using audacious to play .mp3 files on my Salix 15.0 installation, and it works fine.

Please check that you have these packages installed on your system:
  • audacious-plugins
  • audacious-aac
[I installed that last package because I regularly listen to a couple of online radio stations which stream using that format. AAC is designed to be the successor of the MP3 format.]

(I'm assuming that you have already run Salix's "Install multimedia codecs" script).

Hopefully this will resolve your issue. :)
The first package was installed. The audacious-aac was not, but now it is. Install multimedia codecs script was also ran.

Anyway:

Code: Select all

$ audacious suzanne_vega-toms_diner.mp3
audacious: runtime.cc:92: MainloopType aud_get_mainloop_type(): Assertion `mainloop_type_set' failed.
Aborted
:cry:
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Post by Van_Vinkle »

The problem has been solved, despite audacious does not run well. I'll explain it.

I've remembered the philosophy of salix "one application per task". I realized that exaile was in my system and going well, and this program does (for my needs) the same function as audacious. Then I will forget it and will use exaile onwards.

Thanks for your attention.