Salix Live 13.0.1

Akuna
Salix Wizard

Salix Live 13.0.1

Post by Akuna »

As part of our commitment to long time support, Salix Live 13.0.1 is now available for download.

Salix Live 13.0.1 is a maintenance release made with all the software that was present in Salix 13.0.2a standard iso. This includes Salix new GTK system tools, as well as any bugfix & security upgrades that have been added to Salix 13.0 stable repository. Salix Live installer & LiloSetup also benefited from a number of improvements, various bugfix & new translations.

We hope this release will be useful to anyone still using Salix 13.0 series either by choice or necessity. With it we are closing our 'Live' development cycle for that series & will now fully pool our resources towards SalixLive 13.1 for which BTW an alpha iso should be available for testing sometime in the next few days. ;)

SF.net download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/f ... o/download

Torrent download:
http://salix.enialis.net/i486/live-13.0 ... .1.torrent
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
Antid Oto

Re: Salix Live 13.0.1

Post by Antid Oto »

Good news. Congratulations!
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

will now fully pool our resources towards SalixLive 13.1 for which BTW an alpha iso should be available for testing sometime in the next few days.
Here it goes => http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7308#p7308
zaen

Post by zaen »

...useful to anyone still using Salix 13.0 series either by choice or necessity
This is great news for me, as I couldn't use 13.1 series due to some Intel video chip issues resulting in random flickering of my desktop (a problem not present in 13.0.2a.)

Thank you! I'll run this as soon as I finished downloading it. 8-)
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Good to hear! :)
zaen

Post by zaen »

I installed the 13.0.1 Live system to a USB drive without problems following the instructions in the getting started pdf file. I set the laptop to boot first on USB. During bootup, the process stopped with this message (not exact but something like this):

"... kernel panic. Cannot find init. You may try to insert int= in the kernel options.."

I can go to the kernel options by pressing TAB during the initial boot process but I don't know what to write in the kernel options.

On the other hand, the Live System as burned to CD runs just fine. (Initially I couldn't even boot it as I found out much later that it was due to bad CD burn.)

I'll just use the CD then :mrgreen:
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Is your USB booting in Isolinux or grub2 ?