Salix 13.1.1 has been released!

Polesz

Re: Salix 13.1.1 has been released!

Post by Polesz »

thenktor wrote:
Polesz wrote:Hungarian download page edits.
Is a Hungarian download page really needed? We've already removed most translated download and news pages, because it is hard to keep them up to date and nobody of the devs will notice an outdated one.
So please delete the page!
I speak Hungarian, Hungarians speak Hungarian. I like Hungarian users, but not everyone know English.

Indicates the Hungarian side to the English site up to date.

Other solution?

--
Sorry for my bad English!
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

thenktor wrote:Is a Hungarian download page really needed? We've already removed most translated download and news pages, because it is hard to keep them up to date and nobody of the devs will notice an outdated one.
So please delete the page!
Maybe you need to make a constant ans a simple format?

Code: Select all

Version:

Changelog:

Notes:
So it will be possible for you to revise these pages.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

We cannot review all possible translations and I'm sure the important stuff in the english page can be understood by non english speakers, too.
Perhaps it's enough to add a link to the english download page with a hint that the translated page may be outdated.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
bulanula

Post by bulanula »

This distro is perfect.

The only problem is that I cannot change Firefox's start page from http://www.salixos.org/start/ to what I need it to be. After changing it from the preferences it just keeps coming back the same. I think this is related :

* The default start page in Firefox has been changed to: http://www.salixos.org/start

I don't know what the developers did but I even tried to create a new profile and delete the old one without any success. This is the only issue I am having with this perfect distro. No matter what I do, I cannot change Firefox's homepage. So it seems like they have hardcoded the salix homepage into the Firefox program. How to undo this ?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT : Modify the user.js file in your Mozilla profile !
Last edited by bulanula on 26. Aug 2010, 22:40, edited 3 times in total.
Polesz

Post by Polesz »

thenktor wrote:We cannot review all possible translations and I'm sure the important stuff in the english page can be understood by non english speakers, too.
Perhaps it's enough to add a link to the english download page with a hint that the translated page may be outdated.
I write special warning message my download page and subscribe original download page.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Polesz wrote:I write special warning message my download page and subscribe original download page.
Thanks, this is fine for me ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

I followed the instructions to make the .iso a repository from the read me file. seems there's some discrepancy...the read me file says add this as the source "SOURCE=file:///media/Salix_13.1/:OFFICIAL"... which isn't the name of the .iso which is actually...Salix_LXDE_13.1.1, so I tried " SOURCE=file:///media/Salix_LXDE_13.1.1/:OFFICIAL", but that didn't work either. I get a bad source error..."Retrieving package data [file:///media/Salix_LXDE_13.1.1/]...Failed to download: Couldn't read a file:// file
Sources failed to download, correct sources and rerun --update"

I get that error with either syntax, any ideas?
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

The README file clearly states that the "Salix_13.1" part is only an example. As for your problem, take a look here: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1218
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

gapan wrote:The README file clearly states that the "Salix_13.1" part is only an example. As for your problem, take a look here: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1218
yes, I gathered that, which is why I changed it to the actual .iso... but I don't know enough about Linux syntax to know what's suppose to follow... *LXDE_13.1.1/ or how the post you mentioned can help.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Where do you have the CD mounted? You should use that in the SOURCE line in slapt-getrc. Post the output of mount and the contents of your slapt-getrc.