New forum theme

thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: New forum theme

Post by thenktor »

I've done a new one, converted from the official phpbb prosilver theme: please check the prosalix theme.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

I used it for a while already. And notice a few changes recently. This is my preferred one !
Antid Oto

Post by Antid Oto »

Great! The new design is nicer than prosilver and 1thank-salix.
Duncan_Idaho

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

I really like the new prosalix theme, I'll be using it from now on :mrgreen:
but I think it would be better with the header of the salixgreen theme or something similar
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Very nice indeed. With a link back to SalixOS homepage it would be perfect! ;)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I like it, with two small exceptions: the icons on the boards to the left of the messages (I just think the design isn't in keeping visually with the theme, particularly in that most of them are red, but also the actual shapes) and the buttons that appear on your own messages inviting you, for instance to edit. Here I think the reason for my doubt is just the red colour, which for me is too loud and creates a busy effect. Also, the exclamation mark for reporting posts is alarming, as if there were some error. Gparted's exclamation marks, for instance, strike the terror of God into me. Is this really needed on every post?

Nonetheless, overall, I like it enough to want to try it out for a while.
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

Duncan_Idaho wrote:I really like the new prosalix theme, I'll be using it from now on :mrgreen:
but I think it would be better with the header of the salixgreen theme or something similar
+1

And the green needs to be slightly darker round the edges, it's too pastel.
mimosa wrote:I like it, with two small exceptions: the icons on the boards to the left of the messages (I just think the design isn't in keeping visually with the theme, particularly in that most of them are red, but also the actual shapes) and the buttons that appear on your own messages inviting you, for instance to edit. Here I think the reason for my doubt is just the red colour, which for me is too loud and creates a busy effect. Also, the exclamation mark for reporting posts is alarming, as if there were some error. Gparted's exclamation marks, for instance, strike the terror of God into me. Is this really needed on every post?

Nonetheless, overall, I like it enough to want to try it out for a while.
I'd prefer it if the blue from the sticky threads was swapped with the red.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Duncan_Idaho wrote:but I think it would be better with the header of the salixgreen theme or something similar
Sadly the artist who did the old header was busy and did not respond to my request anymore. So I had to do some simple header on my own, at least to announce the theme here.
the icons on the boards to the left of the messages (I just think the design isn't in keeping visually with the theme, particularly in that most of them are red, but also the actual shapes) and the buttons that appear on your own messages inviting you, for instance to edit. Here I think the reason for my doubt is just the red colour,
I've tried with the green buttons of the old theme, but honestly this is way to much green then. IMHO the coloered buttons give a little contrast to the rest.
Akuna wrote:Very nice indeed. With a link back to SalixOS homepage it would be perfect! ;)
I'll add this one... ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
maximus

Post by maximus »

Nice job Thenktor! :D
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

The more I use the prosalix theme, the more I like it. It's some much nicer to use than the current theme that I'd welcome the change regardless of the colours and other refinements it needs.