Salix Fluxbox edition development has begun

meanpt

Salix Fluxbox beta rc1: No screen auto-resize in VirtualBox

Post by meanpt »

For betas 1 and 2, the trick for having a full-screen display at 1024x768 was to shutdown and boot after the installation of the guest additions. A simple restart/rebooting without a complete shutdown wouldn't work. With this rc1 not even this trick works and the only screen available is still the 800x600. This is the first Salix that can't make it right. What's causing this?
loukingjr

Re: Salix Fluxbox beta rc1: No screen auto-resize in Virtual

Post by loukingjr »

meanpt wrote:For betas 1 and 2, the trick for having a full-screen display at 1024x768 was to shutdown and boot after the installation of the guest additions. A simple restart/rebooting without a complete shutdown wouldn't work. With this rc1 not even this trick works and the only screen available is still the 800x600. This is the first Salix that can't make it right. What's causing this?
both the screenshots I just posted were 1440x900 running in VirtualBox 3.2.10. I did nothing out of the ordinary except restart. I think I did have to restart the guest twice for some reason. But I didn't change any settings etc.

I assume you installed the kernel-source first.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
Kerd

Re: Salix Fluxbox edition development has begun

Post by Kerd »

We tested the ISO many times and we encountered no such problems, maybe it's a problem on your version of vbox or its settings.

@loukingjr
nice screenshot :)

@pwatk
For now we prefer to keep parcellite.
We evaluate clipboard-daemon in the next version.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

@loukingjr

nice screenshot :)
danke
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

pwatk wrote:I know it's late in the day to be making suggestions but clipboard-daemon is much less memory hungry than ParcelLite.
After reading the clipboard-daemon homepage my impression is that it does not support a history, which IMHO is really needed.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
klanger

Post by klanger »

thenktor wrote:
pwatk wrote:I know it's late in the day to be making suggestions but clipboard-daemon is much less memory hungry than ParcelLite.
After reading the clipboard-daemon homepage my impression is that it does not support a history, which IMHO is really needed.
+1

Is this true:
Salix-fluxbox + xfce4-power-manager = salix-xfce + fluxbox

Is there a way to install xfce4-power-manager without meta-package xfce4?
Which power-manager do you suggest to use with salix-fluxbox?
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

thenktor wrote:
True but for a light weight desktop it does the job!
Kerd

Post by Kerd »

@klanger
If not mistaken with conky and gkrellm should be able to view the battery status.
klanger

Post by klanger »

Well, I wanted to install xfce4-power-manager for power management - suspend/shutdown with 3% of battery etc.

I think salix-fluxbox hasn't got any power-manager app...
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

I used to use the xfce-power-manager when I was really in to LXDE but it always meant I had Xfce installed as well. It's annoying that Pat bundles the Xfce packages together.