Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

toothandnail

Re: Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

Post by toothandnail »

steepleone wrote:xfcebeta: notification for....nothing! I confirm!
steepleone
It also seems that it is not picking up legitimate updates. I clicked on the notifier a few minutes ago, got the 'no updates available' popup, then did a manual update and found there were a number of updated packages available.

Paul.
steepleone

Post by steepleone »

to help...I must say that, by chance maybe, I had the last update by viewing and clicking the notifcation icon!
steepleone
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Did you install libassuan? (See gapan's post at top of previous page.) After I did, I got about fifteen minutes' worth of updates next time I ran it.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

mimosa wrote:Did you install libassuan? (See gapan's post at top of previous page.) After I did, I got about fifteen minutes' worth of updates next time I ran it.
Yes, its installed, in both the 32 and 64-bit versions. Haven't seen the problem in the 64-bit version, but its only just been installed and updated.

While updating I hit another minor problem - polkit was excluded from the update due to an unmet dependency on eggdbus.

Paul.
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

toothandnail wrote:
steepleone wrote:xfcebeta: notification for....nothing! I confirm!
steepleone
It also seems that it is not picking up legitimate updates. I clicked on the notifier a few minutes ago, got the 'no updates available' popup, then did a manual update and found there were a number of updated packages available.

Paul.
I've had a similar problem recently where the updater has appear when there are no updates (I've also check with slapt-get).
toothandnail wrote:
mimosa wrote:Did you install libassuan? (See gapan's post at top of previous page.) After I did, I got about fifteen minutes' worth of updates next time I ran it.
Yes, its installed, in both the 32 and 64-bit versions. Haven't seen the problem in the 64-bit version, but its only just been installed and updated.

While updating I hit another minor problem - polkit was excluded from the update due to an unmet dependency on eggdbus.

Paul.
Polkit is a Slackware package so I just installed it using 'slapt-get --ingore-dep'. I haven't hit any problems yet.
steepleone

Post by steepleone »

I wanted to replay (with firefox)something just recorded but firefox went "crazy" and a window appeared saying: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system". I tried to view a record made before the last update and firefox showed the page allright.
steepleone
steepleone

Post by steepleone »

Well, after renaming the web page with html, firefox made is job!
my mistake, steepleone
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I'm getting an occasional error where Salix freezes right at the end of shutdown, after the message "Powering down" appears. It appears completely unresponsive at that stage, so when it happens I just pull the plug. I don't remember this ever happening with 13.1 or 13.0. I'd say it's less than one time in ten, maybe one time in twenty.

This is typically exiting from the screen you get to after exiting the DE (in my case, xmonad) by doing ALT-d twice; but I think it's happened when I've shut down from the command line too.
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

I've belatedly downloaded the 64-bit version. I don't know if reports are still useful, though. Is 13.37 beta 2 just around the corner?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

caitlyn wrote:I've belatedly downloaded the 64-bit version. I don't know if reports are still useful, though. Is 13.37 beta 2 just around the corner?
Make sure you update everything to their newer versions, including replacing util-linux-ng with util-linux. I'm actually waiting for slackware to release 13.37 so we can have an RC1 instead of a beta, but if I find the time before slackware 13.37 comes, we might have another beta.