Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

Post by Akuna »

Or LILO got installed, but on the MBR of another disk drive? Not on your regular first booting device?
You may want to verify the setting: boot=
Maybe the device naming scheme of your USB key is clashing with your regular disk drive?
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

loukingjr wrote:
loukingjr wrote:I just installed 13.2b1 this morning and am running into a couple odd issues. One, I can't use "parole --xv disable". it gives me a no such command error although it works with other distros. I also installed VLC 1.1.7 and it won't change appearance when I force window style to GTK+ to match my theme.
still having an issue with VLC not changing themes. :(
did an update this morning. I saw there was a GTK+ update. However, VLC still won't adopt the same GTK+ theme as the rest of the apps. I assume it has something to do with the VLC compile since every other version that allows one to choose GTK+ as a theme option works on other distros as I mentioned.

edit: I didn't have this issue in 13.1.2 and before.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

loukingjr wrote:did an update this morning. I saw there was a GTK+ update. However, VLC still won't adopt the same GTK+ theme as the rest of the apps. I assume it has something to do with the VLC compile since every other version that allows one to choose GTK+ as a theme option works on other distros as I mentioned.
Maybe running qt-config and selecting something different in there helps? VLC is not a GTK app anyway. Or it could be a problem with this specific version of VLC.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

gapan wrote:
loukingjr wrote:did an update this morning. I saw there was a GTK+ update. However, VLC still won't adopt the same GTK+ theme as the rest of the apps. I assume it has something to do with the VLC compile since every other version that allows one to choose GTK+ as a theme option works on other distros as I mentioned.
Maybe running qt-config and selecting something different in there helps? VLC is not a GTK app anyway. Or it could be a problem with this specific version of VLC.
hmmm, I can't find qt-config to run nor is it in the repositories. not listed that way anyway.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Ah, that should be qtconfig, no dash.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

if I run qtconfig in the terminal I get a message...
louis[~]$ qtconfig
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

maybe that's why
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

What is this QGTKStyle? Did you install it yourself? Try removing it.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

gapan wrote:What is this QGTKStyle? Did you install it yourself? Try removing it.
I didn't install it.
edit: nor is it listed in gslapt as installed or available to install
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

this is what it is however...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QGtkStyle
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

according to this... http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qgtkstyle.html

it started being included in QT since 4.5
iMac 2.8Ghz i7