Salix Xfce 13.37beta3

pwatk

Re: Salix Xfce 13.37beta3

Post by pwatk »

I don't know if this is an isolated case but I've finally hit upon a problem with the nouveau driver.

I decided to install beta 3 on my wife's laptop a few days ago and everything went fine until starting X.

The laptop has nVidia GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M integrated graphics which seams to experience lots of artifacts a tearing (to the point of barely recognising what's on screen) with the nouveau driver loaded.

I don't have the same problem on my laptop (8600M GT dedicated) and I fixed the issue quickly and simply (blacklisted nouveau and installed the proprietary driver) but I can't help wondering if it would be a good idea to blacklist the nouveau driver by default. At least this way people can remove the blacklist if they really want to use it.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?
phayz

Re: Salix Xfce 13.37beta3

Post by phayz »

gapan wrote:
phayz wrote:Assuming I'm running SalixOS 13.1.2 and want to upgrade to the next stable version, which I'm assuming will be SalixOS 13.37, what's the recommended procedure?.
Search the wiki. ;)
D'oh! You're absolutely right gapan - of course. Sorry about having wasted your time. I look forward to upgrading to the next SalixOS version because I'm very impressed and very happy with 13.1.2.